1.    #1  
    It seems that most people here use Ptunes for their MP3 playing - I just wanted to ask a few questions before I install and test it out.

1) I have 250 of my favorite songs that I would like to move to an SD card and play on my T650 when I need noise. Is Ptunes the best way to do this?

2) How well do decent quality mp3s play on the T650 speaker?

3) How hard does it tear into the battery? Just as much battery drain as if I was talking on the phone?

Thanks!
    -WC-
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Ptunes is a pretty good way, I have been using Kinoma Player 4 as well to do this and it works pretty well. I would use a card reader to put the actual songs on the SD Card for syncing could take a very long time to transfer 250 songs.

On the 700p ptunes makes some skipping sounds, but when I had a 650 I used to stream radio and listen to music all the time.
  3.    #3  
    thanks for your reply.

1) Any preference between Ptunes or Kinoma?

2) Sound quality?

3) Battery life changes?

I agree with you that syncing 250 songs would be deadly. I will definitely card reader them over.

Thanks! -WC-
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WildCard View Post
    thanks for your reply.

1) Any preference between Ptunes or Kinoma?

2) Sound quality?

3) Battery life changes?

I agree with you that syncing 250 songs would be deadly. I will definitely card reader them over.

Thanks! -WC-
    Kinoma I think has better sound quality, but Ptunes has better playlist and features. What I have been doing is creating a playlist in Ptunes and saving it, then Kinoma sees the playlist and I play it. Battery Life is about the same I have listened for about 2 hours (w/Chatter running in the background) and only list about half of my battery. Just depends on how long you want to go.

I do use TMPCP as a video player and it can also do audio (never tried it though) I watched 4 episodes of 24 on my treo and only lost about 1/4 of the battery.
    This should probably be moved out of the WM Multimedia section into the 650 or Palm OS Multimedia section, to help other newbies with the same questions...