Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I have a 700p but I got a 700wx for my dad because he would learn it quicker. I use backupbuddyvfs to back and restore from my SD card, is there any program like that for the 700wx? Which is the best?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I use SPB Backup and it works well. Never had to restore yet though
    I concur, SPB Backup is the one you're looking for.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Sprite comes on the cd and it works quite well for me.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    I also use Sprite since it came free with the device.
    SPB Backup every morning on my WX.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    I use sprite because it's free and it seems nice.

However, I had a problem with it once. Whenever I associated pocket informant with pocketbreeze, the backup had a "backup completed with warning" msg, saying pim.vom(?) cannot be backuped.

I thought it didn't matter. However, it turned out that the backup file couldn't restore correctly.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    i tried both to see hwo they work and i got an error using sprite and somewhat slowed down my phone so im goin back to SPB
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    So this program will backup to SD card and restore from there also; after a hard reset?
    I like spb backup this is the best for me so far
    Quote Originally Posted by fostermom View Post
    I like spb backup this is the best for me so far
    +1 for me used spb 100 times and worked flawlessly every time
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vMAC View Post
    So this program will backup to SD card and restore from there also; after a hard reset?
    Sprite does.
    Do any of these apps restore Java correctly? BackupMan doesn't seem to restore it for me.
    I'm a Sprite Backup user and feel very comfortable with it. I backup my Treo 700wx faily and at times, restored, with no problems. I like the option of Sprite allowing it to create a self executable backup, so all you have to do is just click on the .exe file and it will restore itself. Another nice option of Sprite is that it allows you to backup from a ROM update.
    I am using Sprite Backup. It works very well on my device.

With Sprite you can also run a backup to PC from your deivce, or from your device to PC.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vMAC View Post
    Both programs (SPB Backup and Sprite Backup) do this..

Spb backup here. Works great. I've needed it too.
    ive used both SPB and sprite and i like the sprite better by far. its faster and you can choose what you want to restore.... just registry or say only your contacts its great.
    I have the opposite experience. I'd been using Sprite for years before I got my Treo 700w and purchased upgrades. Although Sprite is tad faster (maybe 20-30%), it is not as reliable with restores. Selective restores aren't always possible. You can only rely on complete restores.

Selective restores can screwed up registry entries. For example, I only wanted to restore a file from My Documents which shouldn't have an effect the registry. The selective restore resulted in missing registry pointers. To recover that single document without losing current data, I needed to backup my system first, restore everything in the old backup with the desired file, copy the single file to safe place, restore from the newer backup, and copy the document back to my device.

(For a while, Sprite wreaked havoc on mailboxes but they've fixed that problem.)

Spb Backup has been VERY reliable with selective restores and provides a little more granularity with backup schedules.

I regularly backup with Spb Backup and only use Sprite maybe once/month -- at most.

There is really no reliable equivalent to the Palm Backup Buddy but the Windows environment is far more complex so I don't expect to ever see one.
    Quote Originally Posted by tcc View Post
    Do any of these apps restore Java correctly? BackupMan doesn't seem to restore it for me.
    Come on gang...hasn't anyone in the past tried a restore of phone with Java installed? I'd try it myself, but I'd be wary of having to re-install it if the restore didn't work. Does it restore with either Sprite or spb backup?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast