1.    #1  
    Hi folks,

Since many of you might not visit the WM Developers forum, I thought I'd bring to your attention a little MortScript app I created a while back to provide quicker access to phone functions such as speaker on/off, mute on/off while on a phone call.

Have you ever been annoyed by the fact that simple phone functions while on a call are
    cumbersome to access since they're hidden under the Menu option while on a phone call?

Coming from the PalmOS Treos, there was quick access
    right on the screen during a call to place the phone on mute, turn on the speaker phone,
    place a call on hold, etc.

InCall gives you those options right in front of you for easy access with the D-pad!
    No more fumbling to find the right soft key then the option you want!

Hopefully you will find this useful

Note: I have experienced issues running this in conjunction with AEButton Plus, where it will appear you have muted the phone or put it on speakerphone when in fact it hasn't, so if you are running AEB Plus, this may not work for you.. enjoy!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=138702
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Scottymomo, All,
    Well, am keeping the 750 and returned the 755, now trying to get used to WinMob--growing pains!! So some of biggest are c the phone app. I agree c scottymomo that it pales compared to Palms simple "buttons" that allow you to touch the screen to turn on/off Speakerphone and Bluetooth and respond with a text message. How can we do these things on the 750? I tried InCall, but it seems to have some issues. Once I end a call, it stays up until I hit "ok" twice! Also would LOVE buttons--much easier to tap c my finger! (am I getting greedy yet?) What about Bluetooth? How can I cancel out of my Bluetooth headset? Sometimes reception on bluetooth is poor and I just want to tap the screen like on my 700P/755P and toggle it off and talk through the phone itself? I don't even see that option under the "menu" softkey while on the call! If it tap on my bluetooth headset it just disconnects the call of course. HELP!! All this stems from trying to do things safely while on a 5 hr car trip yesteday and most of the time it ended up being unsafe while fiddling c my phone or holding it in my hand while talking! So in summary am looking for an app/software to add back the simple UI of the Palm Treo phone app/on call screen: tap on/off speakerphone, bluetooth headset, and reply c text message. I DO like the fact that I can just start typing right on the screen and my contacts come right up--great shortcut that Palm should apply to the Palm OS Treos!
    thanks in advance!
    D
    Bump for my own post!!
    Why are you bumping your own post that is only a few hours old and was off-topic anyway?
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
  5.    #5  
    Sorry, I had actually replied to this, previewed my post and forgot to submit it a couple days ago

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyDoc View Post
    I agree scottymomo that it pales compared to Palms simple "buttons" that allow you to touch the screen to turn on/off Speakerphone and Bluetooth and respond with a text message. How can we do these things on the 750?
    You can't

I tried InCall, but it seems to have some issues. Once I end a call, it stays up until I hit "ok" twice!
    Once the call is over you should be able to click Cancel once and it will go away.

Also would LOVE buttons--much easier to tap c my finger! (am I getting greedy yet?)
    Yes, unfortunately..can't be done right now.

What about Bluetooth? How can I cancel out of my Bluetooth headset? Sometimes reception on bluetooth is poor and I just want to tap the screen like on my 700P/755P and toggle it off and talk through the phone itself? I don't even see that option under the "menu" softkey while on the call! If it tap on my bluetooth headset it just disconnects the call of course. HELP!!
    If your headset is connected you should see Cancel Bluetooth as an option from the standard menu, I can add that to InCall as well.

So in summary am looking for an app/software to add back the simple UI of the Palm Treo phone app/on call screen: tap on/off speakerphone, bluetooth headset, and reply c text message.
    I'm hoping that Palm adds this like they added it to the Sprint700wx for the upcoming WM6 upgrade but I'm not counting on it
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Thanks Scottymomo! Please feel free to update this thread when/if Incall is updated further. I love the concept of this program. It really helps to bring the 750 closer to the simplicity of the palm OS. Am excited to learn a new OS! To answer Rich's post, my post was actually over 24hrs old when I 'bumped" it. Just wanted to make sure somebody saw it! It definitely was NOT off topic.
    thanks,
    d