Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Like a few other 750 users, for some strange reasons, my mini SD card started disappearing and showed up as storage card 2 or even 3. And I noticed that some other storage card folder showed up with an "inbox" from mails.

I hard reset it and then left "Store attachments on storage card" in mail selections UNCHECK. The disappearing storage card problem seems to have gone away now for a few days. It is not ideal as I am wasting internal storage for mail attachments but is still better than not finding the SD card.

Just want to share...
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    are you using 4gb card?
    I have found that you can direct the email to stay on the device (text very small amount of space). Redirect the attachments to the storage card and you will be fine.

I have not had a problem after spending 2 days trying to configure, bypass, or hack this.

Regards
    graylion
    I'm on day 2 now of unchecking the option to store attachments on the card and so far, no disappearing SD!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I'm on week 6 (I think) of having attachments stored on the card and, so far, no disappearing SD! I doubt there's a connection.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I unchecked the box about a month ago when I was having the "storage card 2" problem and since then I have not been having that problem nor the disappearing card problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by graylion View Post
    I have found that you can direct the email to stay on the device (text very small amount of space). Redirect the attachments to the storage card and you will be fine.

I have not had a problem after spending 2 days trying to configure, bypass, or hack this.

Regards
    I tried that and the email program stopped working. The only way to get it going again was to put the attachments on the phone.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    It will work for some, not all.

If you have email set to automatically check, AND automatically download attachments, then your problem will be solved saving them to the device. But if you listen to everyone on this forum, you should have never done this in the first place. Doing ANYTHING that requires use of the SD while the phone may be asleep is not recommended. That is a golden rule of AKU2.x WM5 devices.