1.    #1  
    has anyone had a chance to compare the difference in size for these products? i want to know how much bigger the mobi battery is then the seidio or if they are about the same size.

Seidio Extended Battery
    http://store.treocentral.com/content...8-37--1920.htm

Mobi Products Extended Battery
    http://store.treocentral.com/content...8-37--2092.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by optimo View Post
    has anyone had a chance to compare the difference in size for these products? i want to know how much bigger the mobi battery is then the seidio or if they are about the same size.

Seidio Extended Battery
    http://store.treocentral.com/content...8-37--1920.htm

Mobi Products Extended Battery
    http://store.treocentral.com/content...8-37--2092.htm
    Just wait for Seidio to release there more powerful oem size battery, I know they are working on it so it shouldnt be longer till its released.
  3.    #3  
    do you know if the seidio battery will be the same size as thier 2400mah?
    No, it's supposed to be the same as our OEM battery.
    It will be the same size as our oem battery, but they still dont know how many ,ah's it will have since they are in testing. Either way I'm sure it will be more powerful then our original 1200mah.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdelauz02
    Either way I'm sure it will be more powerful then our original 1200mah.
    To what degree will there be more available mAh is the primary question, followed closely by at what premium in price for these specialized battery cells.

In third comes, what's the timeline besides the nonsensical, ubiquitous soon.
    Its all in Seidio's hands, they did say in a post here in TC that it will be a significant difference from our oem.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdelauz02 View Post
    Its all in Seidio's hands, they did say in a post here in TC that it will be a significant difference from our oem.
    ... Which is the point. No clarity.

In a market which is moving at lightspeed, consumers have to be informed, otherwise they move on to available products, or they make a point of purchasing those products from companies who have communicated what to expect and when to expect it.

Nothing against Seidio, per se, but using forums to tickle the market's interest is something they've obviously outgrown, given their growth difficulties elsewhere.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    backbeat, since they are still testing there is no way to know how much they can fit in to that small battery.
    They could probably say something like "At least 1500" but I'm guessing they are not saying that so the competitors do not try and beat that.
    Their 33% longer life battery for Treo 700w was great and well worth the wait after numerous back-orders
    so there is no reason to doubt them now and as always good things come to those who wait
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by georgi55 View Post
    backbeat, since they are still testing there is no way to know how much they can fit in to that small battery.
    Because Seidio has not communicated with any appreciable clarity about this battery's development, your statement is pure speculation.

Don't get me wrong. I have no expectation that Seidio should state who produces these new premium battery cells or provide hard specs, but just as with a few other developmental issues they have had/are having, they are in need of painting a more complete picture if they want to stay ahead of the Mugen's of the world. The fluff of forum announcements and market-ticklers is one thing, but to continue to be held in highest regard requires more meat-and-potatoes public communication also.