1.    #1  
    My unit is unlocked and I was wondering what would happen?

thanks
    Mark
    If you purchased it unlocked, flashing the device won't re-lock it. If you had it unlocked, you can just re-enter the unlock code to unlock it again...
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    If you purchased it unlocked, flashing the device won't re-lock it. If you had it unlocked, you can just re-enter the unlock code to unlock it again...
    Whats the general rule, if you had your device unlocked via a service like www.imei-check.co.uk ?

I think it would re-lock! Am i right?
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Yup...I'm pretty sure it would revert back to locked.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure it won't. On some older devices, the lock status was part of the firmware but in more recent Treos, it is separate.
    I have heard that once you unlock it, it stay un locked for good.
    Well there ya go! No extra steps necessary...
    That was a good question. I bought mine unlocked off eBay- so I wanted to be absoutely sure that upgrading won't affect this.

On the off chance it does, what are my options?(does anyone have anything that I could borrow-i.e. unlock card or code or?)
    Dont worry once its unlocked, it'S UNLOCKED for GOOOOOD!!!
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    You can't borrow a code - the codes are unique to your IMEI. But in general once unlocked it stays unlocked.
    If you follow this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=140536

it starts about the Treo 750 price drop, but the last several messages are about your question, OS upgrades and unlock status.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."