1.    #1  
    I've written an app that displays the date, which replaces the carrier on the field, as shown here...

(See thread here)

I have a few requests to make it available for the 750. I understand the 750 contains different registry key containing the Carrier, compared to the 700w/wx.

I want to make the script check the device and write to the correct registry key, according to the device. As far as I can tell, the device name is contained in the Software Version (Settings > About > Phone).

So can you guys verify for me if that field displays TREO750....

If not, let me know what it shows.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    It shows TREO750-1.13-CNG under software version.
  3.    #3  
    Cool. Thanks
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Sweet, this would be perfect on my 750. Please tell us when you are finished.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
  5.    #5  
    NP. It's an easy modification. I just need a Guinea pig, I mean, beta tester to verify it works properly on a 750.
    hklm system state phone "current operator name"
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    hklm system state phone "current operator name"
    Mine was wiped becuase of some apps that wrote to that field, including my script. But doesn't that key contain the Carrier, ie Sprint, Verizon, Cingular, etc.?

Also, from what I have read on another post on the 750, isn't that "Current Carrier Operator Name"?
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 04/13/2007 at 12:23 AM.
    Looking forward to trying it out, let us know when its ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Mine was wiped becuase of some apps that wrote to that field, including my script. But doesn't that key contain the Carrier, ie Sprint, Verizon, Cingular, etc.?

Also, from what I have read on another post on the 750, isn't that "Current Carrier Operator Name"?
    Nope, it's Current Operator Name on my 750. If I change it to something else, it shows what I changed in the carrier bar until I turn off the phone, then it sets it back to cingular

10.    #10  
    Thanks. Is this a valid key on the 750 also???

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Ril\CarrierName
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Thanks. Is this a valid key on the 750 also???

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Ril
    Yes...changing the value of "CarrierName" doesn't change the carrier line on the 750 though

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    What reg edit program are you guys using on the treo?
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Yes...changing the value of "CarrierName" doesn't change the carrier line on the 750 though
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by maevro View Post
    What reg edit program are you guys using on the treo?
    I use Resco Explorer, which has a registry editor plugin. It's not free. Other's use PHM Registry editor, which is free.
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 04/13/2007 at 02:32 PM.