1. mco
    Hey Gang

I recently saved a load of contacts to my SIM card. Now everytime I do a search from the Today screen, I see the SIM contacts before the phone's. Ugh! Of course, searches a slower too now.

I've been looking for a setting somewhere or registry hack that tells the search to ignore SIM contacts but I can't find one. This is pretty standard stuff on Nokia and SE phones.

Another one to add to the long list of requests for WM6?

Thanks for any help

--mco
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    WM6 not gonna help you solve this issue, either. Maybe WM7

I'm surprised that M$ doesn't have the option to hide SIM contact list when I looking for it on my WM6 device.
    Last edited by treoluv; 04/12/2007 at 06:24 PM.
    Treo Maniac?
    I had to delete my SIM contacts. In the end they are still backed up to Outlook every time that I sync and I can always copy them back to the card in cass I need to change phones. If I lose the phone I'd lose the SIM inside anyway.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    I know the Treo 650 had a feature where you can hide the Sim contacts, but on the 750 the feature is not there.
    The registry wizard that cellneuron posted has a feature that says "hide SIM contacts"- you might want to download it.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...8&postcount=17

But in an event you are comfortable with hacking the registry, I opened the info and here it says:

HKCU\ControlPanel\Keybd\ShowSim
    Show=1
    hide=0

comment says "this tweak makes it possible to hide or show contacts on the SIM card"

Good luck.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Hide SIM contacts
    Registry: HKCU\ControlPanel\Phone
    Key: ShowSim (dWord)
    Value: 0 = hide
    1 = show