Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    So I have a 700wx, which supports one exchange server. I currently am using my work email exchange server. I also just traded in my mac for a gaming PC, so cannot use .mac to sync contacts, calendar etc. So my question is this, if I leave the activesync on my phone as my work activesync, and pay for a exchange server to use on outlook on my home computer for my home contacts, etc, can I IMAP or pop my paid home exchange server so I can still use my work activesync and get just my home emaill on my phone?

I know it's confusing but hopefully that made sense. I am not looking to sync my home contacts OTA, just make sure they are backed up which is why I am not really worried about getting 2 activesync accts on my phone, just work activesync and hopefully I can set my home exchange to retrive email via imap or pop?
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    If you POP the exchange server most likely it will remove the emails from the server, which defeats the purpose of using Exchange. If you set up your Outsourced Exchange server to use IMAP for the phone you will still receive work email because you still have active sync set up on the phone. So I believe the best option is to set up the phone to use IMAP on the Outsourced exchange server so your phone can get both work and personal email.

Someone please correct me if i'm wrong.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    so I can keep my corp exchange server (activesync) on my phone and use my home exchange server on my home laptop, but set it up through imap on my phone? Am I understanding you correctly?
    Quote Originally Posted by ero2 View Post
    so I can keep my corp exchange server (activesync) on my phone and use my home exchange server on my home laptop, but set it up through imap on my phone? Am I understanding you correctly?
    You can do this, but be sure to check that whomever you pick as a provider supports IMAP. Personally, I think it may be a bit of a waste to use an Exchange provider if you only intend to use IMAP with them because IMAP won't properly support Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks. You can only use it for e-mail. I wouldn't bother with an Exchange account in your situation. I would just use an IMAP provider like Fastmail.fm or Fusemail.

Since Pocket Outlook will only support one Exchange account (fully), a second Exchange account would be a waste, IMO.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.