Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I purchased VC 1.6 on the basis of the following

"new Bluetooth hands-free control...Now you can initiate a Voice Command interaction using a Bluetooth headset and some hands-free car kits*. You can also receive spoken notifications in a whisper mode through the Bluetooth headset"

I installed it and am using it with a Samsung WEP200 headset. It does not seem to do what it says it can do. Am I doing something wrong? I have only used VC on a limited basis in the past.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    "you can initiate" meaning you can launch VC by pressing the button on your headset. You still have to use the mic on the device though.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I was trying to do that but it was not doing anything. Normally on my headset, I just hold down the button for 2 seconds and voice command would work on my Verizon flip phone.
    You have to hack the registry to get this to work. YOu need a registry editor like this http://resco.net/pocketpc/explorer/default.asp.

Once loaded, open Resco Registry
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SOFTWARE
    MICROSOFT
    VOICE COMMAND
    Resource Path
    add voicecmd.exe to the end of the string, assuming you installed Voice Command 1.6 in the default folder (Program Files).

Once modified, save it.

This will allow you to initiate a voice command from a bluetooth device like you are used to with your flip phone. However, you still have to listen closely to the responses on the 700wx...they don't come thru the bluetooth headset until you actually connect on a call.

hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by skywaterbanjo View Post
    You have to hack the registry to get this to work. YOu need a registry editor like this http://resco.net/pocketpc/explorer/default.asp.

Once loaded, open Resco Registry
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SOFTWARE
    MICROSOFT
    VOICE COMMAND
    Resource Path
    add voicecmd.exe to the end of the string, assuming you installed Voice Command 1.6 in the default folder (Program Files).

Once modified, save it.

This will allow you to initiate a voice command from a bluetooth device like you are used to with your flip phone. However, you still have to listen closely to the responses on the 700wx...they don't come thru the bluetooth headset until you actually connect on a call.

hope this helps
    Will this work with VC 1.5 also? I have 1.6, but I want to revert back to 1.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Will this work with VC 1.5 also? I have 1.6, but I want to revert back to 1.5.
    You can use JETware's handsfree extension to activate voice command 1.5 from your bt headset. No need for VC 1.6.