Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
Results 121 to 135 of 135
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by santerianumero1 View Post
    I love your script by the way. I know it's been mentioned, but it's one of those "why didn't palm or MS do that??" type of additions. Anyway, what will be improved in your script when/if you do another version?
    Just internally it will improve my script. I can actually cut down about 19 lines of code using the latest version of Mortscript.

    I've been working on a menu function to start/stop the script, so I will probably make that the next major release. I also want to add another menu option to customize the field using the Owner information (Name, E-mail, Telephone, & Notes) and may also add another option to use an external text file. This part will basically just be a gimic in case the device owner wants to display something else, like their name, company, etc.
  2. #122  
    Great script, but it (CDate 2.4, with Mortscript 4.01b12) seems to have an issue on the 750:

    It overwrites the carrier name with the date, but the date remains only for a while, maybe 30 seconds to a minute or so, and then the carrier name reappears. Then after a minute or so, the date returns again. This repeats itself over and over It's not supposed to do that, is it?

    G
  3.    #123  
    I have a new version for the latest Mortscript 4.01 Beta 12. I'm currently testing it at the moment. It basically has a menu function to start/stop the script. You also have additional choices to display, other than the Date, which include the Owner Information (Name, Company, Telephone, E-Mail, or Notes). I'll be posting this soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeP View Post
    Great script, but it (CDate 2.4, with Mortscript 4.01b12) seems to have an issue on the 750:

    It overwrites the carrier name with the date, but the date remains only for a while, maybe 30 seconds to a minute or so, and then the carrier name reappears. Then after a minute or so, the date returns again. This repeats itself over and over It's not supposed to do that, is it?

    G
    It's not supposed to do that. I'm thinking it's something with the 750. I'll do some research on it to figure out what's going on. I'm currently running 2.4 Beta on 4.01b12 on my 700wx and it seems to be working as usual.
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 05/10/2007 at 11:00 PM.
  4.    #124  
    GeorgeP, basically, the script performs the following:
    1. Retrieves the system date
    2. Writes to the registry, which is data for the carrier line
    3. Sleeps for about 60 seconds, then procedes to Step 1.

    Since the script sleeps for 60 seconds in step 3, nothing is written to the carrier line. During this time, any other app can write to the registry, which is the data written to the carrier line. When you turn off the phone radio (press & hold the end key), then turn it back on, the registry is re-written with the carrier logo. This eventually gets displayed on the carrier line. Eventually, my script will take over and replace the line with the date.

    On the 750, it maybe an issue with Mortscript 4.01b12. Could you try Mortscript 4.0 and see if you get the same results?
  5. #125  
    I tried Mortscript 4.0 with cDate...same behavior.

    A couple observations:
    - whenever the 750 is turned on using one of the hard buttons, the carrier line appears (I can see it switching from ATT to the date immediately after it turns on. Then a little while later (probably 30 seconds on average), cDate puts the date back up

    - It seems to switch more often when driving, maybe the carrier name gets rewritten whenever you change towers.

    G
  6.    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeP View Post
    - whenever the 750 is turned on using one of the hard buttons, the carrier line appears (I can see it switching from ATT to the date immediately after it turns on. Then a little while later (probably 30 seconds on average), cDate puts the date back up
    Since using the Sleep function, the timer continues from the moment the device is powered on. When I was using the RunAt previously, the device would wake up at the desired intervals. Unfortunately, the RunAt keeps the device awake, even though the screen may shut down, thus, increasing the battery usage. I may decrease the sleep time, so that it updates at every 30 seconds or just make it more specific to the 750.

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeP View Post
    - It seems to switch more often when driving, maybe the carrier name gets rewritten whenever you change towers.
    G
    I know it will happen if you go from a non service area, to a service area. I haven't seen any changes when the device switches from one antenna to another. Unfortunately, I'm usually driving when this occurs, so it's hard for me to monitor the device when switching over. I will try to monitor it more closely under safer conditions.
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 05/11/2007 at 03:33 PM.
  7. keith455's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #127  
    I installed this on my 800w and the year is missing. Is there an updated version of this? Thanks
  8. #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by keith455 View Post
    I installed this on my 800w and the year is missing. Is there an updated version of this? Thanks
    The field used on the 800w is shorter than on the 700wx.

    Simply edit the script in Notepad (or the editor of your choice, I prefer Textpad) and abbreviate the days (IE: Tuesday to Tue). At least that's what I did, and it works.


    OR (better yet)


    Get my RealVGA and you don't have to change the script.
    Last edited by Ebag333; 11/19/2008 at 02:22 AM.
  9. xdalaw's Avatar
    Posts
    583 Posts
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    The field used on the 800w is shorter than on the 700wx.
    Stupid question, but here goes: any way to make this field bigger on the 800w?
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
  10. #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    Stupid question, but here goes: any way to make this field bigger on the 800w?
    Use the 700wx's today screen plugin (which is why RealVGA does).
  11. #131  
    I have a 800w and the end year is cut off. How can I just remove it or fix it?

    Thanks
  12. #132  
    Just edit it with a text editor.

    Open with notepad, and then change the day (Monday/Friday/etc) to a shorter version (Mon/Fri/etc).

    Or if you use my RealVGA, you don't have to edit that as it uses the longer field.
  13. #133  
    I just installed mortscript and cdate on my 700wx with a cooked WM 6.1. Works fine.
  14. #134  
    whew - after 2 days of trying, i finally have it up and running on my 700wx, although i am running 6.0p. so far so good.
  15. #135  
    Awesome work!!!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Posting Permissions