Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Looking forward to the new update, crazie. I temporarily stopped using it because I noticed a significant battery drain, but I'm already missing it.
  2.    #62  
    cDate version 2.2 Beta now available. See first thread.

Mostly a few minor changes, but the major change was removing the RunAt command and replaced it with the Sleep command, due to battery draining issues with RunAt.

I decided to keep the wait time to 60 seconds, because if the Phone Radio is turned off the carrier line field will display Phone Off until the phone radio is turned back on. Once the Phone Radio is turned back on, the carrier logo will be placed back. Therefore, cDate requires to write to the carrier field more frequently.

Please uninstall the previous version, before installing this version
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 05/02/2007 at 03:10 AM.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I loaded and it seems to work fine for me so far...I will check batter life after tonight to see if power drain is gone. Thanks!!
  4.    #64  
    No prob. It's hard for me to perform an accurate test regarding battery consumption with the app. Sometimes I get allot of calls a day, sometimes I don't and my daily tasks vary day by day. Also at times, I keep a data connection very frequently. Not to mention, I sometimes forget to turn off the keyboard light when I'm in a well lit room. But I'm sure the change should help significantly.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I uninstalled the install file that Cody made and then installed your new one but it wasn't working for me.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  6.    #66  
    The install creates 2 shortcuts, one in Programs and another in Startup (will automatically run on soft reset). Just click on the shortcut or perform a soft reset.
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    With this installed, are you still unable to click on the date and get to the Clocks & Alarms screen?
    After some research, there's no possible way to do this, while keeping the date displayed on the carrier line. There is an alternative solution of using the billboard script. Unfortunately, this would remove the BT icon and the network icon on the same line. Plus, with just showing the date, it would be very similar to LVMtime and TodayDate, which are Today plugin's that display the date.

I do plan to make this a standalone app (.exe file not requiring Mortscript), then I should be able to activate the Clock/Alarm settings by clicking on the field.
  8.    #68  
    I plan to put out another update soon. I noticed there is a character limitation (about 26) for the line. Since the line displays a few icons (Bluetooth, network, TTY, and some other icon I'm unfamiliar with), this reduces the number of characters available to about 26 characters.

For example, if the date is:
    Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The carrier line would only display
    Wednesday, September 13, 20

So I'm planning to reduce the length of the month names to their shortened form (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, etc.) on the next release.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post

I do plan to make this a standalone app (.exe file not requiring Mortscript), then I should be able to activate the Clock/Alarm settings by clicking on the field.

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that you will be able to make something that shows the date in place of the carrier name while maintaining the ability to show the bluetooth icon and the location privacy icon but only as an executable file? I'm not at all familiar with creating programs like this so forgive me if I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. What difference does it make if the program is an exe vs. a cab file other than how they are installed?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    crazy.eddie....checked battery life this morning after installing new version of cdate and i had 92%....yeah baby! I used to have 50 - 60%. Turbo drain now gone...thx!
  11.    #71  
    I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that you will be able to make something that shows the date in place of the carrier name while maintaining the ability to show the bluetooth icon and the location privacy icon but only as an executable file? I'm not at all familiar with creating programs like this so forgive me if I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. What difference does it make if the program is an exe vs. a cab file other than how they are installed?
    cDate.mscr requires Mortscript.exe to run it. As of now, there's no way to activate the clock/alarm settings with Mortscript. In the future, not sure how far down, I plan to make it it a self executable (cDate.exe), which will not require Mortscript.exe. Therefore, I would be able to activate the clock/alarm settings when you click on the field.

Regarding the .cab file, that's just a way to install a file to the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by arh1000 View Post
    crazy.eddie....checked battery life this morning after installing new version of cdate and i had 92%....yeah baby! I used to have 50 - 60%. Turbo drain now gone...thx!
    Excellent!

Thanks Hannip for the suggestion
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    cDate.mscr requires Mortscript.exe to run it. As of now, there's no way to activate the clock/alarm settings with Mortscript. In the future, not sure how far down, I plan to make it it a self executable (cDate.exe), which will not require Mortscript.exe. Therefore, I would be able to activate the clock/alarm settings when you click on the field.

Regarding the .cab file, that's just a way to install a file to the device.

Ah - I understand now. I'm looking forward to reinstalling this once you get the clocks and alarms thing going. Thanks again!
  13.    #73  
    Ah - I understand now. I'm looking forward to reinstalling this once you get the clocks and alarms thing going. Thanks again!
    It will be awhile. I have yet to learn Visuall C++, which is a programming language.

In an upcoming release, I've been toying with a custom operator line. Basically, instead of the date, the user can either select to display User name, phone number, email address, which are all contained in the Operator information. I am also adding an option to customize it, so the user can display whatever they want. Of course, they still have the option to display the date as usual.
    Crazie.eddie,

Have followed all instructions.

Loaded mortscript...says registered
    uninstalled previous version of cDate (which worked great, just ate battery life)
    soft reset
    extract cDate22
    copy to Treo700wx
    execute cab
    Programs=>cDate

Nothing happens and I still have Verizon in the line

tried soft resets, reinstalling mortscript, reinstalling cDate22.cab

Any ideas?
    btw, when I install cDate22 it says it may not display properly because it was designed for a previous version of Windows Mobile.
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by skywaterbanjo View Post
    btw, when I install cDate22 it says it may not display properly because it was designed for a previous version of Windows Mobile.
    The error message is not in my code. Does it always happen after reinstalling cDate? What version of Mortscript are you using?
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 05/03/2007 at 06:21 PM.
    The error message is not in my code. Does it always happen after reinstalling cDate? What version of Mortscript are you using?
    It has to do with the settings in the CAB creator you're using. This is from the help text of the one I was using:

This warning will only appear if the "Minimum OS Version" value is less than 4.21

However, since setting the "Minimum OS Version" value to 4.21 will prevent your application from installing on older Windows Mobile-based Pocket PCs, you may prefer to disable this warning message by setting the "Build" value under the "Maximum OS Version" (which is typically unused) to:

0xA0000000
    The application supports square screens (240x240 pixels).

skywater, just ignore it, it doesn't mean anything really/has not adverse impact.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  18.    #78  
    Thanks Scotty. I don't remember setting a min OS version when I created the .cab, but I was trying to get it out quickly and may have inadvertently done it.

skywaterbanjo, can you download and install the new cab and see if it resolves the problem?
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 05/04/2007 at 02:44 AM.
  19.    #79  
    I redid the cab file and uploaded it on the original post. I made sure there was no min OS version.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't seem to get this to work. I downloaded and installed Mortscript but I don't see it in Windows\Programs\Start Menu (in fact, I don't see anything in there at all). What version of Mortscript are you guys using? Mine is 4.01a3. Maybe there's a bug or something? When I run it I do get the confirmation message so I'm not sure what's going on.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast