Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by havieri23 View Post
    i keep on getting a notification error after a soft reset. "cannot execute \windows\startmenu\programs\mortscript\cdate.mscr ??
    Is Mortscript already installed and registered?
    Tap the the mortscript.exe file.The mscr will then activate.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Yes, that is correct. I'm trying to find a do that. It wasn't a big deal for me, because I use the network time, so I never mess with the clock settings. And I use Sbp Time for the alarm clock features, so I never mess with the alarm. But I had a request to enable the clock, so I'll try to figure it out.

Any progress on this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by havieri23 View Post
    i keep on getting a notification error after a soft reset. "cannot execute \windows\startmenu\programs\mortscript\cdate.mscr ??
    Thanks OP, it works fine.

But I also got this msg after a softreset occasionally. --but it actually still showed the date on the screen. So it's not a big issue.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    Any progress on this issue?
    I'm waiting for the newer release of 4.01, since there are a few things added to it. There's not a complete documentation on it. As far as I know, 4.0 isn't capable of doing it, but I'm still trying to find that out.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I'm waiting for the newer release of 4.01, since there are a few things added to it. There's not a complete documentation on it. As far as I know, 4.0 isn't capable of doing it, but I'm still trying to find that out.
    Release 4.01 of what?
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    Release 4.01 of what?
    Probably Mortscript 4.01
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381 View Post
    Probably Mortscript 4.01
    Yes, that's correct. Mortscript 4.01. Currently, it's 4.01 Alpha.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Yes, that's correct. Mortscript 4.01. Currently, it's 4.01 Alpha.

Ah - gotcha. I really hope you can get this to work. That's the only reason I haven't installed it yet. Thanks and keep up the good work!
    Thanks Great script!!
    Eddie, I noticed that my battery drain a lot quicker (turbo quick) with your scripts. To test this:

Before, It would take me 7-8% battery life for overnight (sleeping 7 hours)...no charging with the same applications installed and no bluetooth, active sync (killed it).

When I install in cDate, it takes 27% of my battery with 9 hours of sleeping (catching up on my sleep for the weekend). It could have been more percentage off of that because my phone was dead.

I uninstall cDate and it is back to normal. I tried not to charge my phone overnight because of what peeps are telling me...

don't overcharge your phone...it will weaken the battery. yeah right...but i have to listen because a lot of verizon reps are telling me and i need to grow up and listen.

I thought about how cDate would work better as I started to sleep...

why not get the date from the built-in calendar...somehow.
  12.    #52  
    cDate does grab the time from the internal clock. The script does perform a restart every 60 seconds, which is a bigger drain. I was thinking about it to run every 24 hours, since that's when the clock normally changes anyways. The only reason I kept it at 60 seconds, was to make it compatible with Treo Alert 4.8 awhile back. I believe 5.2 has a quicker refresh, which would probably wipe out the date display, but Cody has written a script to utilize majority of the scripts using the carrier line.

If you want to make a change to the refresh time, just go to the bottom of the script and look for the line...

Code:
    # Executes the script again after 60 seconds
      StartTime = Timestamp() + 60
    Using pocket Notes or any other text app on your Treo, change the line to read
    Code:
    # Executes the script again after 60 seconds
      StartTime = Timestamp() + 86400

86400 is 60 seconds (seconds in a minute) * 60 minutes (minutes in an hour) * 24 (hours in a day)

Otherwise, I can change it and send you the modified script.
    Crazie, another option would be to use a loop instead of the notification queue. A loop stops when the device is suspended so there would be zero drain. The notification queue wakes up the device each time so even when suspended it will eat up the battery.
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Crazie, another option would be to use a loop instead of the notification queue. A loop stops when the device is suspended so there would be zero drain. The notification queue wakes up the device each time so even when suspended it will eat up the battery.
    Thanks. I'll try it out.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Hi crazie.eddie,

Yeah I am experiencing some serious battery drain overnight too. Do you have any updates?
  16.    #56  
    Hi. I haven't worked on it in awhile. Been busy with work. I've noticed something similar with the latest version of Mortscript. When originally created, it was fine under Mortscript 4.0 (RC10). I'll work on the sleep function now and will post an update tonight if the results are positive.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Hey thanks crazy.eddie. No pressure
  18.    #58  
    I made the following change, which replaces the RunAt:

Code:
    #Retrieves the seconds field in the time
    SleepVal = FormatTime("s)

#Calculates how many seconds left in the minutes
    SleepTime=((60-SleepVal)*60000)

#Waits every 60 seconds
    Sleep (SleepTime)
    If everything functions properly, then I'll upload the change. I'm just concerned if going through my daily routing (running other apps) will effect the system time. If not, I may even just change the wait time to every 24 hours.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Well it looks like I will now have to install Mortscript.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  20.    #60  
    I've made some changes, but I want to see if it does make a significant change to the battery. I also need to make changes to the code to make it Mortscript code compliant. I'll post the update tonight.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast