Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    i never install your app on my device until i made the cab for you. (nothing agianst your app, i just use my carrier string for other things). i installed it real quick to see if it worked and it did. i do already have mort installed though. others have just installed the mortscript.exe in the same folder as there script and it works find with those who didn't have it installed before (for example... treo alert). you may pm slingbox to find out forsure.
    That is correct.You can load the mort.exe file into cab with script but like Treo Alert builds you will have to post a trouble shoot.
    Sometimes the mort.exe file does not activate the script so you must tap the mort.exe and the main mscr file.Not a big deal really.It does save the user a full mortscript install.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    That is correct.You can load the mort.exe file into cab with script but like Treo Alert builds you will have to post a trouble shoot.
    Sometimes the mort.exe file does not activate the script so you must tap the mort.exe and the main mscr file.Not a big deal really.It does save the user a full mortscript install.
    and as far as i can tell, this is just a one time only thing. after thay do this "manual run" the first time thay wont have to do it agian, like after a softreset.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i never install your app on my device until i made the cab for you. (nothing agianst your app, i just use my carrier string for other things). i installed it real quick to see if it worked and it did. i do already have mort installed though. others have just installed the mortscript.exe in the same folder as there script and it works find with those who didn't have it installed before (for example... treo alert). you may pm slingbox to find out forsure.
    No offense taken. I only made it for myself, but offered in case other's were interested. I'm surprised that I'm getting a few requests for it. It's a good incentive for me to build onto it and learn more about Mortscript.
    early on there were many threads about...

lvtime, an app to display the date and time on the today screen differently.

kbattery, (i think), an app to display the date in the taskbar (top bar) with the time.

bottom line... displaying the date on today screen is a big deal to many. the carrier bar was not really needed, but the bt icon is nice. combining the two is a nice idea. just saves room on the today screen.

good job. it should go far. maybe not as far as my favorite.... "treo alert". lol.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Pretty much awesome

Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    good job. it should go far. maybe not as far as my favorite.... "treo alert". lol.
    Perhaps crazie.eddie and slingbox should join forces. Treo Alert is great, but the visual notifications of the status could be much simpler/less verbose (does it really need to say "Treo Alert" or "Alerts On"--i forget what they actually say). Having crazie's date followed by Slings status (like V for vibrate, L for led, and so on, and any combinations thereof) would be an excellent way to completely utilize the carrier bar...

Just a thought.

Excellent script, crazie.
    awesome...thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    I never understood why you don't just fix your shortcut so you can get rid of your troubleshoot. The control script shortcut could be changed to call MortScript.exe directly so you don't have to keep telling people to tap on MortScript.exe.

The target or the shortcut in \Windows\Startup should be.

"\Program Files\TREO ALERT\MortScript.exe" "\Program Files\TREO ALERT\ALERT CONTROL.mscr"

And you can set up your 2 minute notificatoin events the same way. Let me know if you want me to help fix it up.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    Perhaps crazie.eddie and slingbox should join forces. Treo Alert is great, but the visual notifications of the status could be much simpler/less verbose (does it really need to say "Treo Alert" or "Alerts On"--i forget what they actually say). Having crazie's date followed by Slings status (like V for vibrate, L for led, and so on, and any combinations thereof) would be an excellent way to completely utilize the carrier bar...

Just a thought.

Excellent script, crazie.
    Thanks. Actually they work well together, regarding 4.8. I've tested Treo Alert 4.8 and cDate together. No modifications required. I have yet to test it with Treo Alert 4.9.
  11.    #31  
    Finally found a FREE cab maker (Pocket PC Installation Creator) and made my own cab. See first thread regarding cab file.

Cab files performs:
    1. Installs to \Windows\Programs\Start Menu\Mortscript (as per Mortscript SOP)
    2. Creates shortcut in \Windows\Programs
    3. Creates shortcut in \Windows\Startup
    4. Uninstall option
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 04/14/2007 at 04:01 AM.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    I dont know if this is related, but i installed the file, and now I am having a new problem.

In my messaging today plug in that normally only shows my emails, now shows my a text message as well. I installed the threaded app and that should have disabled the text messages from showing up next to my emails in the today plug in.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by blile View Post
    I dont know if this is related, but i installed the file, and now I am having a new problem.

In my messaging today plug in that normally only shows my emails, now shows my a text message as well. I installed the threaded app and that should have disabled the text messages from showing up next to my emails in the today plug in.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Sorry, not related at all. cDate just retrieves the time and writes to the registry, which is where the Carrier logo is contained. It has no impact on other app, except for those that also write to the carrier logo field (Xcast, Treo Alert, etc.).
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Dude...this program rocks...it was the final thing I needed to get my today screen done! Thanks crazy.eddie!
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Thanks. Actually they work well together, regarding 4.8. I've tested Treo Alert 4.8 and cDate together. No modifications required. I have yet to test it with Treo Alert 4.9.
    cDate works great. Thanks! Before I try to run Treo Alert as well, how do they work together? There doesn't seem to be enough space to fit the date and Treo Alert's own title. Does the date override the display while Treo Alert runs in the background? Do you have a screenshot of them both working together? Thanks again!
    This is awesome! Thanks a lot!
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by WAG Man View Post
    cDate works great. Thanks! Before I try to run Treo Alert as well, how do they work together? There doesn't seem to be enough space to fit the date and Treo Alert's own title. Does the date override the display while Treo Alert runs in the background? Do you have a screenshot of them both working together? Thanks again!
    I ran Treo Alert 4.8 together with cDate. They worked well together, becuase cDate updates the field every minute. So when you enable/disable or change the alert on Treo Alert, it will display in the field, but eventually, the time will show up.

I haven't had a chance to test it with 4.9 yet.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    With this installed, are you still unable to click on the date and get to the Clocks & Alarms screen?
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    With this installed, are you still unable to click on the date and get to the Clocks & Alarms screen?
    Yes, that is correct. I'm trying to find a do that. It wasn't a big deal for me, because I use the network time, so I never mess with the clock settings. And I use Sbp Time for the alarm clock features, so I never mess with the alarm. But I had a request to enable the clock, so I'll try to figure it out.
    i keep on getting a notification error after a soft reset. "cannot execute \windows\startmenu\programs\mortscript\cdate.mscr ??
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast