Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    There is a safety setting to in XCPUScalar to only allow "safe speeds". Anyways, if you set autoscaling, you can set the maximum speed for each percentage point.
    I see that you're not getting my point...

I want to say that few persons are complaining about XCPUScalar that it's saying that it's overcloking the speed to certain speeds, but IT'S NOT really doing that...

That why I told you that I tried Pocket Hack Master and noticed that more than 402Mhz (362Mhz SI...) it's simply blocking the device, from that I could understand that XCPUScalar is wrong somehow...

It also cannot be that I could overclock the Treo 750 from 300Mhz to 500Mhz with XCPUScalar (and it's letting me...)! Something must be wrong, you cannot overclock a processor by 66%... Not what I know at least.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by sharedworld View Post
    I see that you're not getting my point...

I want to say that few persons are complaining about XCPUScalar that it's saying that it's overcloking the speed to certain speeds, but IT'S NOT really doing that...

That why I told you that I tried Pocket Hack Master and noticed that more than 402Mhz (362Mhz SI...) it's simply blocking the device, from that I could understand that XCPUScalar is wrong somehow...

It also cannot be that I could overclock the Treo 750 from 300Mhz to 500Mhz with XCPUScalar (and it's letting me...)! Something must be wrong, you cannot overclock a processor by 66%... Not what I know at least.

Thanks!
    1. the Samsung processor is not "officially" supported by XCPU.
    2. Regardless of what XCPU can let you set - it doesn't matter. Set it to whatever value YOU want. When I had my KJAM, the safest stable speed was 240 but If I selected "Show speeds over xxx", it would allow me to set speed at over 240.
    3. So, if you are saying that you are using Autoscale and you set the 30-40% processor range for let's say 320mhz, you are saying that when the processor hits the 30% utilization, the speed is not increasing to the Mhz you selected?

If it's not working for you, your only option is to use PocketHackMaster or get in touch with Immiersoft. I have not used XCPU on my Treo as I find, I do not need it. However, I have used XCPU on various Xscale devices and my KJAM which was an OMAP. Each time, it worked as advertised.

For more info: http://www.immiersoft.com/index.html

Sorry I couldn't be more help.
    Last edited by JGold; 07/19/2007 at 10:52 AM.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12