1.    #1  
    1and1.com ms exchange acct NOT receiving email but WILL send!
    i sent it up thru the active sync, should i have it some how set up thru outlook? when i goto email and send it automaticly knows from active sync which email... plz let me know how to correctly set this up to send & recieve email instantly as thats why im paying for 1and1...

thx!
    Quote Originally Posted by addick View Post
    1and1.com ms exchange acct NOT receiving email but WILL send!
    i sent it up thru the active sync, should i have it some how set up thru outlook? when i goto email and send it automaticly knows from active sync which email... plz let me know how to correctly set this up to send & recieve email instantly as thats why im paying for 1and1...

thx!
    I have 1and1. What are your setting from activesync? Do you have email in your account when accessing through OWA?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    1and1 sucks. check put rackspace
  4.    #4  
    im lost, i went to active sync and set up the email... should i have set it up a different way on my treo? let me know cuz i talked to 1and1 3 times now and they dont know...

Quote Originally Posted by sga.usa View Post
    I have 1and1. What are your setting from activesync? Do you have email in your account when accessing through OWA?
    Did you forward your emails to the xxxxxxxxxxx@exchange.1and1.com address?
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    You may also want to contact 1and1 tech support. they probably have some sort of KB article on it or a support rep could help. You are paying for the service so you are paying for support.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    Did you follow 1and1's instructions on how to setup ActiveSync on your phone?

http://faq.1and1.com/ms_exchange/ms_...account/1.html
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Ok, i have 1and1, and i know their tech support is useless! You probably talked to this chick with an accent, lol. reason i say that is because everytime i call i get her no matter what time or day it is. However, if i am understanding you correctly, you are not getting your email pushed to you when its received right? ok first off, goto activesync on your pda, dont connect to your computer yet. Go under the options and make sure "Microsoft Exchange" is highlighted. click delete. restart your device. go back to activesync when it restarts, click add new server source or something like that. for the server address type in "exchange.1and1.com" of course without the quotes, make sure ssl is checked. hit next, for your username it should be "e" and some numbers. then of course enter your password. for the domain enter in "EXCHANGE" once again without the quotes, however all CAPS. then its going to ask you what you want synced. select which items, then goto email, and select settings at the bottom, in both pulldowns select all, just for now. you can go back and edit this later. click finish. and of course click sync in the bottom left softkey. after you get your initial sync, you can sync up to your desktop, and add folders that you want to additionally sync. also, after you are finish syncing, goto menu, sschedule, and select as items arrive for both peak and off-peak, and of course make sure send outgoing items immediately. if that doesnt work, man you will have to do what i did, hard reset. LOL
    I have the same problem. The problem is he changed the DNS. Just reset back to the 1and1 DNS and changed the basic DNS to your web host.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    addick, are you receiving your emails in outlook on your desktop or laptop? if not then i agree that your DNS is screwed up, but if you are getting the emails from outlook its not your dns its your config on your treo
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    If he send email is has nothing to to with his MX records. Make sure your mailbox isn't over quota. Make sure you can log into OWA. Confirm that your Outlook confi is correct.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com