Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I have been accessing my Gmail account throught the web on my 750.
    I tried to download Gmails app for the mobile platform but couldn't get it to work. I didn't try terribly hard at that point.
    Suddenly the other day when I access it through the web I can retrieve and see the emails and even pen a response but the send button on the interface does nothing. A soft reset did no good and neither did waiting a few days.
    I saw the thread on setting it up as a POP account and did that.

Anyone else experiencing this browser failure? In gmail or elsewhwere?

How would the mobliel client if I could get it to work differ from the POP3?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    read this thread here i helped a guy setup the gmail app on his 750 thru a java midlet emulator.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=139750
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Update.
    Went ahead and set it up pop3. It worked but the emails disappear as mentioned in the other post
    I went ahead and installed the gmail app using the midlet mentioned and it seemed to work fine
    Until....
    Now my sounds and notifications are going out reguarly. I can heard a crackle just as it happens.
    I have it set up as Pop3, and after I view the e-mail after a while its gone, and no where to be found.
    I found out through a google search a little while back that the trick with gmail and pop3 on WM is to change the User Name to "recent:user@gmail.com" - it's a wierd issue with gmail's POP3 in combination with WM, but adding the "recent:" in front of the user name seems to do the trick to keep messages from disappearing on the next download cycle. Can't find the link right now to the info, but I know it works for me...Hope this helps some of you...

Update - this issue only seems to happen when you download the full message instead of just the headers - see this link: http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...Case=obj(41658)

Also, here's the info from Google about "recent:" - http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...e=f&ctx=search
    Last edited by StupidFlanders; 04/13/2007 at 12:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Thanks StupidFlanders!
    I tried this solution this AM and haven't lost an emails as of yet!
    Still can't get the web version working even though it used to.
    I'll try a hard reset and see if that works. I'm just lazy and don't want to wait to resync all my info...around 25 minutes!
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    funny that I don't have my user name as merosenfeld@gmail but just merosenfeld and I have always gotten my emails.

Anyway, I just did recent:merosenfeld and it worked, so thanks!

I have a personal email account that is set up through POP3 and I am going to try the same thing with that and hope it works too.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity