1.    #1  
    Quick Ques:

I get an unknown caller, but I can see the phone number, the caller is just not in my address book. I answer, talk to them, but I don't add it to my address book, which I usually don't.

However, I want to call this number back, and under call log, it just states "Unknown" and won't give me the number. Why is this, and is there anyway around this? Thanks!
    if you hit the green button once you will se a list of calls you have made. if you want to see the complete list of calls made and received hit the green button once and then go up to where it says "call log".

then when you see that call log screen, hit menu, select filter, and make sure you have all calls selected.

hope this helps, cody
    This is slightly off topic but, when in the call log, how do you go about adding a number to an existing contact? I've figured out how to save a number to a new contact but I can't find any way to add a number to an existing contact.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    if you hit the green button once you will se a list of calls you have made. if you want to see the complete list of calls made and received hit the green button once and then go up to where it says "call log".

then when you see that call log screen, hit menu, select filter, and make sure you have all calls selected.

hope this helps, cody
    Hi Cody,

The filter was set on Missed Calls. I didn't set this to All Calls when I recently did a Hard Reset and forgot all about it. Thanks dude!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Also, how do you stop the treo from automatically deleting your call history after X days. I had an option to never delete on my 6600
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    This is slightly off topic but, when in the call log, how do you go about adding a number to an existing contact? I've figured out how to save a number to a new contact but I can't find any way to add a number to an existing contact.
    Grant,

From the Today screen press the right soft key"Menu"; then "Preferences"; the "Phone Settings"; then check the box on the phone tab screen that says "After calls from numbers that are not in contacts, ask if I want to add them."

When you hang up from a call from a number not in Contacts, a screen will pop up asking if you want to create a new contact or copy and add the number to an existing contact.

Hope this helps, I use it all the time.

Russ
    Last edited by tropicaffair; 04/12/2007 at 06:44 AM. Reason: typo
    Jornada 548; Jornada 568; Treo 600; Treo 700w; Treo 700wx (vzw)
    Another question about the call log...in the Palm OS, I was able to pull up an actual 'log' of the call that showed things like length of call, etc. Is it possible to do this in the 700wx, and if so, how?
    Thanks

- Chris
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    it does show that, you just have to tap just once on the call you want additional info about, it shows the duration the time of the call and date
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    dont tap the incoming, outgoing, or missed call icon though because it will automatically call that person, just tap like in the middle of the actual caller
    Thanks dukhead, that's what i was looking for.

- Chris