1.    #1  
    This might be a noob question, but is anyone else suffering from poor battery life with the 700wx? I got mine 3 days ago, and if I go online to check email or just surf the battery level might go down by 10% within 45 minutes? Anyway to slow this down?
    2 things that has helped me extend the battery life on my 700wx...

1. Keylight - It allows you to turn off/on the keyboard lights. It's not necessary to have the keyboard lights on during the daytime or in a well lit room. I have set to the Option OK button, so I just have to hold down the OK button to turn on/off the keyboard lights.

2. PushEffect - Or some kind of push mail app. This will push the mail to your device. Sometimes a person may not having any email, therefore, connecting to the internet would be a wasted effort. PushEffect is an app that runs on your device and requires your mail server to forward email to your device, which is received as a text message. PushEffect sees this text message as a trigger to download the email. It's a 1 time fee of $20 (USD), but does require an SMS/Text messaging package, since you will be receiving text messages. Emoze (for personal use) claims to be push mail, but it requires a constant data connection to the internet. Plus an app needs to run on your PC to communicate with Emoze on your device.
    Also... It could just be a lack of seasoning with your battery. When I first got my spr700wx it sucked down the juice but now, I can be in an IRC room all day (12 hours) and still have 50% of my battery when I leave work.

And... Tweak out your power settings... Dim the screen.... Have the device shut down when idle... Etc...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Where do u change your keylight settings, i have been looking for like 20 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by FourTwenny View Post
    Where do u change your keylight settings, i have been looking for like 20 minutes.
    There's no settings as far as I know. If the keyboard light is on, click on the Keylight app, will turn off the keyboard lights and visa versa. I set it to a hardware key, so I can turn on/off the keyboard lights.
    The amount of time the keys stay lit is tied to your backlight settings.

To turn the keylights off so that they don't light at all, you need a secondary application. I use the one provided here titled KeyLight v1.03. You can also use a home-brewed app available on these forums here.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    start/settings/system/backlight. this is where you can dim the screen down a little. I think this is what the poster two posts above was talking about.

there is no way to dim down the key lights. just off and on.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    The amount of time the keys stay lit is tied to your backlight settings.

To turn the keylights off so that they don't light at all, you need a secondary application. I use the one provided here titled KeyLight v1.03. You can also use a home-brewed app available on these forums here.
    Not true.Slinghann Treo keylight is the way to go.Turn keylights off then set back light at 30 sec you will get screen dim in 30 sec with backlight staying on for the total of 60 sec
    Yes, I love "Slinghann Treo keylight"! Do a search in this forum~

After I use it, I surf the internet for about 1 hour/day, read ebooks for a while, make a couple of phone calls, and my battery can last for 4 days.