1.    #1  
    Does anyone know a way to make the Treo Left Handed Friendly? Mainly, the scroll bar on the Main screen and the Scroll bar on IE is on the right hand side. I have to block the whole screen with my left hand to rach the scroll bar. Can I move that scroll bar to the left hand side somehow?
    As far as I can tell, there is no way to do this. However, it looks like the WM team has been made very aware that it needs to be implemented...

http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/...29/730383.aspx
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  3.    #3  
    I figured as such. They are just jealous of us because we're "Special".

You would think that for the basic stuff, this would be a 20 second fix. Errrrr, Move the scroll bar from the right side, to the left side. It doesn't seem like rocket science.
    It's definitely NOT rocket science... However, they probably never coded for it so, without a serious retooling, it isn't possible and that is where the problems come in.

WM6 is already done so, if we're lucky, we could see something in 6.5? I wouldn't hold my breath, though.

When I get into programming the GUI for the app I'm creating, I'll see if there is a way to position scroll bars. If there is, I'll write you an app. ;-)
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Fortunately for me, I'm right handed, but I'm surprised, there hasn't been any attempts to do so, even before Windows Mobile. I do not think it would be too difficult. I'm seen a tweaked version of Aim 2.0, which moves all the items from the top bar, to the bottom. So I would assume it would not be difficult to switch it over to the other side. Would Wisbar allow such a thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    So I would assume it would not be difficult to switch it over to the other side.
    It all depends on how scrollbars are coded into WM...

Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Would Wisbar allow such a thing?
    Not that I could tell but I've never used it.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

I have seen Windows XP running Arabic. That goes right to left. Maybe Windows Mobile 5 can be coaxed into showing Arabic script. Hey, presto! Result achieved!

Unfortunately MSFT took the easy way out in XP. All of the windows look exactly the same, just the text in the menu bars, etc. runs right to left.
    Well... The thing is that those scrollbars are a function of the GUI and WM determines where they need to go. My concern is that this determiniation is hard-coded into WM and not an accessible piece of the GUI that can be accessed and manipulated through external applications.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G