1.    #1  
    Well I am almost where I need to be with my Phone Mute program (thanks to many of you). I have it assigned to a button press through AEButton Plus. But there is still one thing I cannot solve. I want to be able to look at the today screen and see whether or not the phone is currently muted (because sometimes I am on calls where I constantly mute and unmute...and sometimes I forget which state the mute is in). But like many of you I use the feature that disables the touch screen while on a call so that I do not inadvertantly open other progams. Unfortunately the "Touchscreen Disabled" banner covers up the mute/unmute icon at the bottom of the Today/Phone screen. So I wanted to use the carrier name/BT bar near the top of the Today screen to display this status. When not on a call you can change the carrier name to any text you want by changing "HKLM\System\State\Phone\Current Operator Name" to any string you like. But during a call it displays "Call In Progress" and seems to ignore this reg change attempt to change the string. Any ideas how to replace "Call in progress" with a string like "Mute on" and "Mute Off"? Below is what I currently have and everything works except the issue I just stated. The code that won't work has the frowny faces preceding it.

#This checks to see if a call is currently active
    CallActive = RegRead( "HKLM", "System\State\Phone", "Palm Active Call Count")

#This checks to see if mute is currently on or off
    MuteState=RegRead("HKLM","System\State\Phone","Mute")

#If a call is not active it lets you know and ends the script
    If (CallActive=0)
    PlaySound("Windows\msgbox.wav")
    SleepMessage(2,"No Active Call","Call Status")
    Exit
    Endif

#If a call is active it switches focus to the Phone app
    Show("Phone")

#If Mute is off then sendkeys are used to turn it on through the Phone Menu
    If (MuteState=0)
    Sleep(500)
    SendRightSoft
    Sleep(500)
    SendDown
    Sleep(500)
    SendCR
    #This is where I attempt to show that Mute is on in the carrier status line
    RegWriteString( "HKLM", "System\State\Phone", "Current Operator Name","Mute On" )
    #This pops up a quick initial msg to say that Mute was turned on
    SleepMessage(1,"Mute On","Phone Mute")

else
    #If Mute is on then sendkeys are used to turn it off through the Phone Menu
    Sleep(500)
    SendRightSoft
    Sleep(500)
    SendDown
    Sleep(500)
    SendCR
    #This is where I attempt to show that Mute is off in the carrier status line
    RegWriteString( "HKLM", "System\State\Phone", "Current Operator Name", "Mute Off")
    #This pops up a quick initial msg to say that Mute was turned off
    SleepMessage(1,"Mute Off","Phone Mute")
    Endif
    Last edited by conekkted; 04/11/2007 at 11:27 AM.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
  2.    #2  
    I am assuming from the zero responses that this isn't possible via reg changes alone. Can anyone confirm this for me so I can figure out whether to keep trying or not? Thanks

Edit: I just finished reading the Carrier Plugin Refresh thread. This looks like the same issue, so my hopes are fading
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT