1.    #1  
    I have a friend who just purchased a 700wx and looking to download some good ringtones. Could someone help me out with this?
    any ringtone will work almost. just go to a ringtone site and right click and choose "save as" or "save target as" from your pc, then send it over to your treo. put them in to your windows/rings folder.
    Best regards,
    Austin A. Brady
    Or jus make your own with www.audacity.com
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

What i do is this
    1- I plug my treo into my computer
    2- After the activesync loads up i choose EXPLORE DEVISE on my pc
    3- I than choose MY MOBILE DEVISE on my pc
    4- I open the MY MUSIC folder on my pc
    5- I copy the ring tone i want to put on my treo and paste it into the MY MUSIC folder
    6- I unplug my treo ( not necessary but i do it anyways )
    7- I choose START-PROGRAMS-FILE EXPLORER on my Treo
    8- I choose MY DOCUMENTS than MY MUSIC on my treo
    9- I highlight the ringtone i just saved there
    10- I press MENU-EDIT-CUT
    11- I press up 2 times until i am in MY DEVISE
    12- I choose WINDOWS - RINGS
    13- I press MENU-EDIT-PASTE

Done easy as that. As for a place to get ringtones the choices are endless. What i do is download a song off limewire, kazaa, ect. Use a nifty little mp3 to ringtone creator (Mp3 to Ringtone Gold) and cut the part of the song out i want to use as a ringtone.
    Also if you are familiar with torrents you will be able to get literally millions of ringtones with just a few downloads. Don't just settle for songs though. Be creative, some days i use Jack Bauer yelling as a ring, some days it is one of Cartmans rants. A text to voice program is endless laughs.
    Quote Originally Posted by FourTwenny View Post
    12- I choose WINDOWS - RINGS
    13- I press MENU-EDIT-PASTE
    File is now in my \windows\rings folder, and I can play it from there (it's .WMA). But it doesn't show up on the Sounds & Notifications | Notifications tab as an option in the Ring tone pulldown. Does this need to be a MIDI file, and not a WMA?
    Quote Originally Posted by labboypro View Post
    File is now in my \windows\rings folder, and I can play it from there (it's .WMA). But it doesn't show up on the Sounds & Notifications | Notifications tab as an option in the Ring tone pulldown. Does this need to be a MIDI file, and not a WMA?
    Yes. You have to have WAV, MP3 or MIDI files for ringers. I don't remember if QCP and AAC are supported.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Yes. You have to have WAV, MP3 or MIDI files for ringers. I don't remember if QCP and AAC are supported.
    Thanks, converted it to WAV and it works now. Wheeeeee. However, this is oldphone.wma (a file embedded in ROM), which I copied from the \Windows directory to \Windows\Rings. Now that it's in the Rings folder, I can't delete it. I tried "copying" it back to where I found it, but it wouldn't let me.
    spbclub http://spbclub.com/index.php
    also has some nice and free ringtones~
    I posted a thread awhile back that may help you as well. It gives you links to making or modifying your own as well as a collection of ringtones I modified to be really loud:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...loud+ringtones
    Quote Originally Posted by labboypro View Post
    Thanks, converted it to WAV and it works now. Wheeeeee. However, this is oldphone.wma (a file embedded in ROM), which I copied from the \Windows directory to \Windows\Rings. Now that it's in the Rings folder, I can't delete it. I tried "copying" it back to where I found it, but it wouldn't let me.
    Soft reset and then try to delete it again.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    and if that dosen't work, then go to Settings > Sounds & Notifications > 'Manage' tab and you can add/play/delete the rings folder
    LongLivePalm
    why is this so complicated? why does it not just download right into the ringer folder? or just play WAV files?

todd
    Anyone know where I could get the Theme music from the Nintendo Wii tv commecial? Its sorta like Japanese banjo strumming or something. Just thought It would sound cool as a ringtone on my 700wx. If I could download it from my Treo's browser would be awesome.