Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    Please help! My Treo 700wx keeps freezing when I tether through USB or bluetooth. Usually it is fine when I just browse websites, but as soon as I start downloading some large file or try to load a webpage with a lot of images, it freezes and I have to reset it. Looks like as soon as transfer rates go up for more than a few seconds it would freeze. A couple of times, which is a mystery to me, it froze while connected through USB and I wasn't even browsing the internet.

    I'm using PdaNet 1.73
  2. #2  
    Your not alone. Same thing happens to me. Hopefully someone has an answer.
  3. #3  
    Started happening to me recently. I don't think its necessarily PDANet related though, as I was having the same issue with BT DUN via the A2DP hack. I think there's something (program wise) that's conflicting and causing it...
  4. blile's Avatar
    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    #4  
    Same here. I emailed PDAnet tech support and they said that lots of people have been having that problem and they will have their engineers work on it. No telling when they will have a fix for it.

    I bet Hannip and the guys can fix it a lot faster.
  5. #5  
    sprint or verizon?
  6. blile's Avatar
    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    #6  
    Verizon
  7. #7  
    Good to see this thread. I used pdanet with 700wx and XP no problems. "Upgraded" to Vista, now pdanet doesn't work. It connects, but 8 to 10 seconds later I lose the connection. As long as pdanet is not connected phone stays connect to pc without issue. Pdanet tech support didn't mention to me that anyone else was having a problem, in fact they said that there are lots of people using it with Vista without any problems. I would like to hear from someone using pdanet with Vista. I am on Sprint.
  8. blile's Avatar
    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    #8  
    PDA net was working great for me for a long time, then for no reason would not work. PDANet gave me a full refund. what sucks is, now i cant teather though.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by blile View Post
    PDA net was working great for me for a long time, then for no reason would not work. PDANet gave me a full refund. what sucks is, now i cant teather though.
    Not sure who your carrier is, but, with VZW at least, you shouldn't need PDAnet to tether. I downloaded modem drivers from Verizon (along with the VZAccess software) but only installed the modem driver. This was before I ever purchased PDAnet. The modem works fine using that driver. Only on XP so far, Vista drivers due out end of May.

    I now use the PDAnet app on my 700wx to present the Bluetooth DUN connection. But I have deleted PDAnet from my PC. I just use my PCs built-in BT driver to "tether" via Bluetooth.

    -Frank
  10. gojeda's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #10  
    This is a known issue and PDAnet is, supposedly, working on a fix.

    BT DUN is virtually unusable when used with the 700wx.
  11. #11  
    wow. i thought i was doing something wrong.. PDAnet is freezing my phone every 10 minutes via usb or BT... i was going NUTS reinstalling, etc... to no avail. this is on a Sprint 700wx...
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    This is a known issue and PDAnet is, supposedly, working on a fix.

    BT DUN is virtually unusable when used with the 700wx.
    Thanks for that! I was having so many problems trying to make my 700wx cable DUN work, as well as BT, with PDAnet, that I deleted PDAnet from my PC and use only the XP built-in dialing app. Works fine. I only left PDAnet on the Treo side so I could use BT to "tether" with the XP BT (not PDAnet's BT). That works too.

    I'm glad to hear that this issue is being "worked on". I didn't even call for support because I new it had something to do with PDAnet BT (which they heavily "disclaim" in their FAQs - i.e. use BT as a beta, not really supported, etc.).

    -Frank
  13. gojeda's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #13  
    Yea, when I am using PDAnet over a USB tether, it actually works OK. I can go for an hour or two without it crashing. And to be honest, my impression is that the crashing is due to a dropped signal, and PDAnet doesn't handle that all that well.

    But like I said, Bluetooth tethering on PDAnet is a mess. If I can get 5 minutes before it crashes, it would be a miracle. As a matter of fact, I can make it crash on demand by visiting a particular site I know will make it choke. I dont even bother with BT tethering anymore.

    Some have said that the instability is due to the limitations of Bluetooth 1.2. I think that is hogwash. BT 1.2 is limited by speed, but there is no reason why the BT tethering should be crashing like that. The connection should just chug along at whatever speed can be had over the BT link.

Posting Permissions