Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok this is all new to me and after about a week of frustration i am starting to learn my way around this thing. I am no computer expert but i am far better than average. I was wondering if anyone has found a way to get a nes or snes emulator installed and running on their 700wx?

If you have could you reply step by step instructions for me. Even things that seem common sense to you will confuse me, lol.

If no one has i will end up figuring it out sometime soon and posting up instructions here. I just wanna play Final Fantasy and old Mario games.
    I use PocketNES.
    http://pocketnes.retrogames.com/
    The sound skips for me, so I just turn it off, and you have to rebind your keys everytime the program loads fresh. One other problem is that it's kind of hard to play games that require the use of two buttons at a time (Mario, for instance.) My keyboard only seems to accept one input at a time, so running and jumping is out (B+A).

I tried pocketnester but it didn't work nearly as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by adbnist View Post
    I use PocketNES.
    The sound skips for me, so I just turn it off, and you have to rebind your keys everytime the program loads fresh. One other problem is that it's kind of hard to play games that require the use of two buttons at a time (Mario, for instance.) My keyboard only seems to accept one input at a time, so running and jumping is out (B+A).

I tried pocketnester but it didn't work nearly as well.
    dude i got that how the hell did u map ur buttons i cant get it to work.
  4.    #4  
    hmm this sounds good. I remember when i first got into emulators on my pc i was facing the exact same problems. I don't think it is the treo, it is probably the emulator that won't accept 2 inputs simultaneously. Anyone try Zsnes ?
  5.    #5  
    Ok i got the emulator installed on my treo now, it is working. I put a rom in too but when i go to load it nothing shows up. Do i have to put it in a specific folder, do i have to change the name. I tried renaming the rom with .nes at the end but still no luck
    can some one post a link to the emulator every one i have downloaded the install er wont run on my pc and i have no clue why.... i think they are getting corrupt im going to try and install on my laptop instead of my work pc that a sync my treo with.
    I just made a folder for the roms in "my documents." All of my roms came in zip files and already had the .nes extension when uncompressed. (They are uncompressed on my treo.)
  8.    #8  
    Ok i got it all figured out. I didn't realize i had to unrar/unzip the rom before i put it on the treo. Juggalo i will link for you just cause i too am down with the clowns, but next time just use google.com man. Like really. Or read up the post a bit, there are already 2 links to the nes emulator on here in this very thread.

If anyone needs detailed instructions ask here and i will reply. If anyone knows about snes emulators post up.
  9.    #9  
    adbnist, you having any problems saving state. I put FF1 on there and the second time i saved it asked if i would like to replace the save already there, i chose yes, but when i went back to play it was still the first save i did. I have been having this problem all day now.

EDIT- I unistalled and reinstalled and now my saves are working fine.
    Last edited by FourTwenny; 04/11/2007 at 02:11 PM.
    is it seriously just me or can any one els get his final release of the emulator to work? cuz i cant
  11.    #11  
    I got it going in about 15 seconds. Just download it onto your pc form the link, plug in your treo, wait for sync to finish than open the emulators installer on your pc ( while treo is still connected) it installs automatically.
    i get its not a valid 16 bit app every time i run it ive tried 3 pc's now there has to be something wrong with the download. so im running the beta cuz its just in the zip file its working good but the sound is a lil wonky.
  13.    #13  
    Ya my sound is a little off too, go to options-sound than disable. Ya maybe you were just picking a different version than i did. I never go with the betas or anything, always the most recent stable. Good to know you got it working at least.

I am still curious about Snes emulator. Anyone know about it.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FourTwenny View Post
    Ya my sound is a little off too, go to options-sound than disable. Ya maybe you were just picking a different version than i did. I never go with the betas or anything, always the most recent stable. Good to know you got it working at least.

I am still curious about Snes emulator. Anyone know about it.
    Yes, I have it on my 700wx the emulator is called Snes9xJ4u. Just google it but only certain roms work, for example, Super Mario World works but Donkey Kong Country does not
    Ive tried the snes emulator i got 2 both dont work i beleive the screen is cutting off buttons we need and i have actually gotten pocket nester to work when you map the keys use the on screen keyboard to map them and then use the hardware keyboard to play
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Installed snes9x but I don't have any roms. Where do you guys get ur games from?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    google 'snes roms' and tons of sites come up
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Is there any SNES emulator that works good on the WX that you can use with sound? I have Snes9x but with the sound on it runs really slow. I have xcpuscalar running clocked at 512, but it is still slow with the sound on.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
    holly damn.. you can overclock the treo??..

is it harmful to it in anyway??
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    xcpuscalar- google it. it seems to really work while playing games.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast