Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Will the threaded sms app allow for you to write text messages longer than 160 characters and then automatically split it into multiple text messages or are you still restricted to manually writing multiple messages?
    sorry ... mess up reply
    Quote Originally Posted by agreenbhm View Post
    Will the threaded sms app allow for you to write text messages longer than 160 characters and then automatically split it into multiple text messages ?
    yes
    I thought the character limit was 150.
    no, it's a 160, but with the newer sms app you would never know. you just type away. i think hannip said it would only split into 10 - 160 messages.
    it won't split into different messages.. I've never had anyone get the 2nd part of my message
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianh715 View Post
    it won't split into different messages.. I've never had anyone get the 2nd part of my message
    I haven't had a problem...it splits for me, and people always get ALL the parts of my messages...I've had up to 5 seperate splits deliver fine.
    me too. works fine.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Crap, I've been manually watching to make sure I never went over the 160 limit, then editing if I did, lol.

I'll try it out to see if it works for me.
    I've been religious about staying under 150 and doing manual breaks.
    silly people. lol.
    LOL...yeah, it is nice not to have to figure out the breaks...just type and send.