1.    #1  
    I'm trying to create a partnership between my laptop and my Treo 700wx, but I can't find it anywhere in either manual. Does anyone know where I can find out how to do that so I can sync through Bluetooth? Thanks a lot!

Neil
    I can't believe you are in such despair that you'd actually read something. I salute you. I tried the BT sync thing and gave up and now use the cable.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    I can't believe you are in such despair that you'd actually read something. I salute you. I tried the BT sync thing and gave up and now use the cable.
    HaHa!! I just got a new tablet PC so I want to use the Bluetooth, but it seems pretty complicated and will just have to resort back to the cable. LoL!! If I find anything out, I'll let you know!

Neil R.
    Not too difficult at all. I perform a Activesync with my Treo 700wx to my PC using BT. I also perform an Activsysn with my old revived iPaq H5555 to my PC using BT. I remembered creating a thread. I'll find it and post it.

EDIT:
    Prior to setup, I had A2DP installed on my Treo and Microsoft Activesync 4.5 on my PC. There's also info on Palm's Knowledgebase on Bluetooth and Activesync.

1. On the PC side, set a comm port for active sync as a local service. I'm using a Linksys Bluetooth adapter, so you're screen may look different...

You will not need to assign a BT serial port as displayed on the image.

On my PC, the active services listed is:
    OBEX Object Push on xxxxxx
    Voice Gateway on xxxxxx

2. Pair up the 700wx with your PC, FROM the 700wx. On the devices tab of my 700wx, you should see Activesync checked. If you do not see an Activesync service, continue to next step.

3. On the 700wx, start Activesync and go to Menu > Connect via Bluetooth. It should connect. If you get an error about there's no activesync service on the other device, then you should have an option to select the device again. After this point, you should seen an Activesync service for your PC.

After step 3, you may need to check your PC for any firewall messages. In my case, I'm using ZoneAlarm pro, so I had to allow the Tre700 IP acess to the Activesync application (wcescomm.exe) on my PC.
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 04/10/2007 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Added BT instructions