1.    #1  
    I just replaced my 700P with a 700WX (the jury is still out on if i made a wise decision, only time will tell, they are both great phones)

Here is my problem, whenever i would replace my 700P (four times thanks to Sprint) i would be able to hot sync and get the phone back to original settings like it was on the old phone (ring tones, email setting, text messages, etc) from the last hot sync.

I have done a hard reset on the 700WX (some messing around caused the phone not to work correctly) however when i hotsynced the phone it did not retain the old settings.

I have searched for hours, but cannot find the forum on here or anywhere i searched, could someone tell me if this is possible, otherwise i might have to call sprint and get my trusty 700P back, even though we were having to replace it every three months or so.

Thanks in advance
    You can install Sprite Backup and it will work for this. It's free.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    The only way to get old settings back on the Treo700wx is to get a backup program. It doesn't come with one out of the box.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    You can install Sprite Backup and it will work for this. It's free.
    Where do you get it for free? I see it at their website for 29.99 am i looking in the wrong place?

Thanks again, the more i mess around with this the better it gets.... i just wish they had the native threaded messaging, this would be the ultimate handheld.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Go to the Palm website. It is there for free download.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...kup/index.html

You just have to provide your serial number to your treo.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

7.    #7  
    I wanted to thank you guys for helping me out with getting this to work.. i will install it tomorrow when i get in front of my work computer... one more thing i installed txtman (threaded txt msg'ing) and it froze my pda, so i guess i will wait until palm gives an update for all treos... thanks again guys
    Go to the first board in this area and get the Palm Threaded messaging. Follow instructions, it's free and works incredibly!
    yep the threaded SMS hack alone is worth the price of membership at Treocentral.