1.    #1  
    I apologize if this has been asked before (I couldn't find anything but my searching skills could be improved). Whenever I access a site that has streaming media on it (i.e. radioio.com) and I click on a link that's supposed to launch the stream all that happens is a file gets saved in my documents (usually a .asx file but sometimes I have to modify the file). Is there any way to get media player to launch automatically rather than have to locate the file with explorer then have it feed media player? Thanks.
    did you choose to opwn after download? If so, that should start WMP and play the stream...the .asx file just redirects to the actual stream's URL
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    I don't get an option to do anything. PIE pauses for a short time (couple of seconds) then nothing. Clicking on the link again brings up the message that "The file already exists, do you want to overwrite it?" That's when I open the file using exlorer and it finally gets fed to media player. Thanks.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
  4.    #4  
    Update - I checked a streaming file I'd setup quite time ago using the .M3U format instead of a .ASX format and PIE correctly sent the streamed MP3 file to Media Player. It appears that only .ASX files aren't getting sent correctly.
    ironic since asx is a windows format
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."