1.    #1  
    I just found an app over at PDAPhone.com by a developer that works similar in fashion to the Palm keylock but better! It even works with PQZII. There are also customization screens that allow selecting of what key (or key combo) unlocks the device. I have played with it so far, and it seems I can only get the windows button to work properly.

When you get a call the app will unlock (so you can answer) and then re-lock itself (this is by design).

So far, it beats any other lock application that uses the standard two-step unlock process.

Give this a try. I suggest (as the developer does) to try the settings first (in the config screens) before assigning fixed keys. Also, be sure to read the "readme.txt" before playing with the app.

You can check it out here:

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...k-program.html

Enjoy!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Interesting find. Hopefully the folks at QCaps could license this. I know with QCaps (I think that's what it's called where tapping and holding or multi-tapping a key will shift to caps, alternate character, etc like on a blackberry) somehow messes up the default Palm keyguard.
    Thanks for posting this find. I am using the QCaps beta which breaks the keyguard function. I have tried all of the other apps out there and none come close to replacing Keyguard until this one. Works great with QCaps active as well.
    Treo 270, 600, 650, 700p, 750v
  4.    #4  
    I have found one caveat with this app. If you rely on Push email, it doesn't seem to sync when the device is locked. As soon as you unlock the device, it will sync.

Apparently, someone else experienced this problem too. I posted on the pdaphonehome forum - let's see if the developer responds.

Otherwise, it seems like a great solution.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    I have found one caveat with this app. If you rely on Push email, it doesn't seem to sync when the device is locked. As soon as you unlock the device, it will sync.

Apparently, someone else experienced this problem too. I posted on the pdaphonehome forum - let's see if the developer responds.

Otherwise, it seems like a great solution.
    Another issue that I have subsequently found is that you can answer an incoming call while locked, but cannot hang up without first unlocking.
    Treo 270, 600, 650, 700p, 750v