Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I have tried everything to get email pushed to my 700wx. We have real tight controls on email access at our fortune 10 IT company. I do have OWA access but have to login through my company's VPN first before or else I get no access at all.

I'm currently using VZW Wireless Sync but I have to have my laptop on in order to get my email pushed.

I'm really desperate in finding a solution to get email pushed to my Treo 700wx. My IT guys won't do anything on their end to push my email, etc. Please let me know if there's another alternative here.
    Have you tried the settings for Exch
    ActiveSync? EAS doesn't use or depend on VPN, so it may be a way to get around your IT control freaks.

Try these settings and see what happens for you:

Launch the Active Sync app on the device - Start/Programs/Active Sync.

Hit the menu button and select 'Configure Server'. Then enter the following:

First screen:

Server Address: put your OWA url here, withOUT the http part - just 'companyowa.com' or whatever

(do I check the SSL box?) YES

Next screen:

User Name: (Your Windows NT User Name, just like you use on your laptop)

Password: Your Windows NT password

Domain: Your Windows Domain

(do I check 'Save Password' - ?) Yes, unless you want to enter each time you check mail

Do I need to do anything under the advanced tab? NO, don't go there, leave the defaults.

You can go into the next screen and modify the various settings for Email syncing, calendar, etc, if you wish.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Yep, I was going to recommend ActiveSync as well.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    I, too, have to VPN in to work to get to OWA (and thus to Activesync).

I am now using Antha VPN to get into work. You need the VPN info from your work to make this work.

Currently, I get lockups from Antha VPN. The cause is so far unknown. It works very well until it locks up. It keeps the connection active even when the digital signal goes into "standby" and even when going back and forth to digital roaming.

I have a Sprint 700WX. If you do this, please let me know how it goes. Unfortunately, the test client you can download will not keep a connection long enough to lock up, so you will be able to tell if it will work, but not if it will freeze your device.

The freezing is a huge issue because you might not know it and then miss calls.
    I guess it all depends on the setup at your company.

I have to VPN with my laptop to get to OWA but I do NOT need VPN on my 700wx with Exchange ActiveSync.

So - all I can say to the original poster is to try the settings I have shown above.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    Have you tried the settings for Exch
    ActiveSync? EAS doesn't use or depend on VPN, so it may be a way to get around your IT control freaks.

Try these settings and see what happens for you:

Launch the Active Sync app on the device - Start/Programs/Active Sync.

Hit the menu button and select 'Configure Server'. Then enter the following:

First screen:

Server Address: put your OWA url here, withOUT the http part - just 'companyowa.com' or whatever

(do I check the SSL box?) YES

Next screen:

User Name: (Your Windows NT User Name, just like you use on your laptop)

Password: Your Windows NT password

Domain: Your Windows Domain

(do I check 'Save Password' - ?) Yes, unless you want to enter each time you check mail

Do I need to do anything under the advanced tab? NO, don't go there, leave the defaults.

You can go into the next screen and modify the various settings for Email syncing, calendar, etc, if you wish.
    Thanks for all the great suggestions. I've tried this and it doesn't work as well. My VPN BTW uses different passwords each time I log in. I have a seperate 3rd party software that generates that software each time I log in. We're pretty much SOL here I think?

Thanks,
    ET
    Quote Originally Posted by etavadia View Post
    Thanks for all the great suggestions. I've tried this and it doesn't work as well. My VPN BTW uses different passwords each time I log in. I have a seperate 3rd party software that generates that software each time I log in. We're pretty much SOL here I think?

Thanks,
    ET

No, you just need to use a third-party VPN solution, that's all.
    I tried wireless Sync available through Verizon. I can not get it to work due to the proxy/vpn on our network.

Is there any easy way to figure out what the proxy address is for a VPN?

When you connect off of the corporate network from home you must go through a VPN. The VPN password is revolving with a 4 digit pin and 6 digit number on a keyring.

You also can connect to email through remote access. This also makes you login online before being able to visit the link to login to OWA...

Any ideas?

One of my coworkers has Cingular and has used Cingulars version of wireless sync succesfully...