Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for a nice/light task manager such as wisbar and its varients (i like vbar a lot) - with one additional feature: be able to use it one-handed using the treo hardware buttons.

#1. Call the drop-down task list with an assigned hardware button, navigate and select the task i want to switch to
    #2. Close (not minimize) the active task using a hardware button ("ok" would be best)

Any ideas? I've searched through sooo many popular task managers but none seem to be able to do this.

Thanks,

Adam
    Quote Originally Posted by kamarge View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for a nice/light task manager such as wisbar and its varients (i like vbar a lot) - with one additional feature: be able to use it one-handed using the treo hardware buttons.

#1. Call the drop-down task list with an assigned hardware button, navigate and select the task i want to switch to
    #2. Close (not minimize) the active task using a hardware button ("ok" would be best)

Any ideas? I've searched through sooo many popular task managers but none seem to be able to do this.

Thanks,

Adam
    Ctrl Key Pro
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    If you want a today launcher also, SBSH's iLauncher does all that and more.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I use iLauncher myself, but have also used and liked Dinarsoft's HandySwitcher. That might do the trick.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the suggestions. These apps are exactly what i was after!
    Quote Originally Posted by kamarge View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. These apps are exactly what i was after!
    Our newest version HandySwitcher 3.0 has even support for the hardware (OK) button to make it close active applications.

Our menu is full controlled by the hardware keys (check the attached image).
    To bring HandySwitcher's menu up without touching the screen, you can assign it to a hardware button of your choice.

Check the new HandySwitcher at http://www.dinarsoft.com/handyswitcherl
    My vote is for SPB Pocket plus. It has a few other nice features as well.
    http://spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/pocketplus/

Here's how I have it configured:
    Under start>Settings>Buttons I've programmed:
    OK = [close]
    Option + OK = [close button context menu] (what you see in the screen shot above)

These are options that SPB Pocket plus installs for you you. You can also set the tap X (on the upper right of the screen) to close or minimize.
    You can also set say the side button to be a (switch programs) like alt-tab.
    See screen shots:
    http://spbsoftwarehouse.com/products...reenshots.html

So I have it set this way so when I hit "OK" it closes apps and when I hold OK it brings that drop down menu of running apps.
    You can also set 'exceptions' of apps you want it to minimize instead of close, if you have something you want to leave running (I have a couple of those.)
    Quote Originally Posted by DinarSoft View Post
    I like the CPU usage feature. I like the ability to see background processes that I otherwise can't see. I may have to give handyswitcher a shot.
    another vote for Handyswitcher
    I map it to the Option+Ok button so it's called up when I press and hold Ok very lite and convenient task management.
    --
    SPB PPlus & SBSH iLauncher are great if you need the other features.
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    My vote is for SPB Pocket plus. It has a few other nice features as well.
    http://spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/pocketplus/

Here's how I have it configured:
    Under start>Settings>Buttons I've programmed:
    OK = [close]
    Option + OK = [close button context menu] (what you see in the screen shot above)

These are options that SPB Pocket plus installs for you you. You can also set the tap X (on the upper right of the screen) to close or minimize.
    You can also set say the side button to be a (switch programs) like alt-tab.
    See screen shots:
    http://spbsoftwarehouse.com/products...reenshots.html

So I have it set this way so when I hit "OK" it closes apps and when I hold OK it brings that drop down menu of running apps.
    You can also set 'exceptions' of apps you want it to minimize instead of close, if you have something you want to leave running (I have a couple of those.)
    ditto
    I've been using Handyswitcher too and really like it. I have it mapped to the Option+Ok button so I just have to hold OK to bring up the menu. Seems to work well.
    I use the task manager built into AE Button Plus. It is very one-handed friendly.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DinarSoft View Post
    I would also have to agree with a vote for HandySwitcher. Clean interface, small memory footprint and very customizable. It doesn't take over the menubar where notifications live. It also works very well with the [OK] button on the 700wx. Also quick access to CPU and Memory metrics which really helps to find out which proggies are hogs.

- dtg
    also mapped it to the option+ok button
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    been trying out handyswitcher. Mapped it to opt + ok. So when i hold ok it bring up the menu. But how the heck do i close the program w/o touching the screen. I need to learn this app as it seems to have great potential

EDIT: n/m you hold right dpad :P
    Last edited by audiofx81; 06/18/2007 at 11:07 PM.
    Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 650 (Sprint) > PPC-6600 (Sprint) >Treo 650 (Sprint) > PPC-6700 (Sprint) > Treo 650 (sprint) > Treo 700w (Verizon) > Treo 700p (Sprint) > Motorola Q (Verizon) > Treo 700w (Verizon) > XV6700 (Verizon) > Treo 700p (Sprint) > Treo 700wx > Blackberry 8703e > Dash > HTC 3125 > Treo 700wx > Motorola Q > HTC Hermes 8525 > Blackberry 8800 > Blackberry Curve > Treo 750 > Ubiquio 503g > Iphone > Wing > TyTn II > Q9 Global > Tilt > Ubiquio 503g
    Quote Originally Posted by audiofx81 View Post
    been trying out handyswitcher. Mapped it to opt + ok. So when i hold ok it bring up the menu. But how the heck do i close the program w/o touching the screen. I need to learn this app as it seems to have great potential

EDIT: n/m you hold right dpad :P
    select the app you want to close and hit dpad right this will close the app. no need to touch the screen with handyswitcher that's why i love it!
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    The best TaksManager from the first time I've tried it is for me without a doubt: pBar
    Handy switcher is an excellent App. I used it, but switched to SPB pocket plus for the today screen plug in. As far as task management is concerned thought, handi switcher offers better one handed navigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    Handy switcher is an excellent App. I used it, but switched to SPB pocket plus for the today screen plug in. As far as task management is concerned thought, handi switcher offers better one handed navigation.
    The iLauncher task manager works just as good as the handi switcher. I like being able to use the d-pad to select or close an app within the task menu.

I wish Tillanosoft would implement that d-pad functionality for their SmallMenu application.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    The iLauncher task manager works just as good as the handi switcher. I like being able to use the d-pad to select or close an app within the task menu.

I wish Tillanosoft would implement that d-pad functionality for their SmallMenu application.
    Im waiting for SPB to do the same with Pocket Plus. To close an app from the drop down menu you have to use the stylus. Rediculous really.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast