Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I use VJOKButt assigned to the OK button. If I need to switch apps I use SmallMenu which is mapped to the Start key. I also wish Tillanosoft would just build in the d-pad functionality.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    I use VJOKButt assigned to the OK button. If I need to switch apps I use SmallMenu which is mapped to the Start key. I also wish Tillanosoft would just build in the d-pad functionality.
    He's working on it. I corresponded with the developer not too long ago about that very subject.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    How do you guys map to Option+OK button. I can see how to do it for Ok button alone under settings->Button,,, but how do I do it for Opt+Ok, so that when I press option and ok, task menu comes up?
    Just a reflexion:

I don't want to pay for anything that would be doable as standard. That's the reason I hate to pay for MagiKB, f.ex. But I need to pay for it. Not too expensive, but It isn't the only one I must pay for.

In this case, I invite you to try the following: PHM Tools + PHM Powertoys.

They are free, and they allow to make your WinMob Treo more similar to a PalmOS Treo.

With PHM Keys you can:
    Assign Press And Hold "ok" to close apps, just press and it minimizes.

Assing Option+Home to an "Alt+Tab" task switch.

Create a shortcuts bar on Today.

And more...
    Newness Developments apps:

I use the task manager in mobile shell. I have it assigned to the ok utton, so when I push and hold it launches.

Complete 1 handed use - no stylus.

Works great!

Regards
    graylion
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Just a reflexion:

I don't want to pay for anything that would be doable as standard. That's the reason I hate to pay for MagiKB, f.ex. But I need to pay for it. Not too expensive, but It isn't the only one I must pay for.

In this case, I invite you to try the following: PHM Tools + PHM Powertoys.

They are free, and they allow to make your WinMob Treo more similar to a PalmOS Treo.

With PHM Keys you can:

Assing Option+Home to an "Alt+Tab" task switch.

And more...
    Are PHM Keys and Powertoys compatible with WM5.0?? I tried installing it, but it installs on my desktop, but not on my Treo 750...
    Completely compatible with WM5 AND WM6.

Just download cab file, not the installer (doesn't work).
    Newness Developments apps:

With PHM Keys you can:

I installed PHM keys, but I couldnt find a way to do make press "OK" for long and close apps and short for minimizing...

also, how did you add shortcuts bar on today using it... Maybe I am missing something, but please guide a little... thanks for help
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Well im using and like SmartKeys, and for a free launcher i use Claunch...both work very well with no issues on either wm5 or wm6...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    Well im using and like SmartKeys, and for a free launcher i use Claunch...both work very well with no issues on either wm5 or wm6...
    What is SmartKeys?? I didnt find anything on google abt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    What is SmartKeys?? I didnt find anything on google abt it.
    Try SmartsKey.....it's a small app originally made for the Wizard devices (KJAM, Qtek 9100, MDA, etc) to add more functionality to the default hard buttons. Since those devices did not have dedicated WM Startmenu and OK keys, Smartskey attempted to compensate by using press-and-hold of the right and left softkey buttons. Smartskey also implemented the ability to OC your device (if you so choose), and some other nice stuff too (like changing the volume slider to control scrolling).

The app is very customizable thru it's use of a easy-to-mod .ini file.

Are PHM Keys and Powertoys compatible with WM5.0?? I tried installing it, but it installs on my desktop, but not on my Treo 750...
    I installed Powertoys on WM6 and no issue thusfar. Can't speak for PHM Keys.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    I installed PHM keys, but I couldnt find a way to do make press "OK" for long and close apps and short for minimizing...
    It's simple. Just enter Start->Settings->Personal->Buttons and select "option+OK". Then assign it to "PHM Keys - Close"

also, how did you add shortcuts bar on today using it... Maybe I am missing something, but please guide a little... thanks for help
    For this you need to install PHM PowerToys. When done, go to Start->Programs->PHM Tools->PHM PPC PowerToys and start TrayLaunch. Check on "Enable TrayLaunch" and Add links to the tray launch in the same window.

This is a bit difficult because you have to write the entire addres of the application/link, but nothing more to do.
    It's simple. Just enter Start->Settings->Personal->Buttons and select "option+OK". Then assign it to "PHM Keys - Close"
    Thanks for guiding... I have one more confusion though... Does pressing and holding OK button ALWAYS generates whatever app or action is configured for Opt+OK button???.... Means, like you said, long press Ok = "Option+OK" ALWAYS, or it can be configured to not to be???
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12