1.    #1  
    1 Treo750

2 "Inbox" mail client bundled into Microsoft Windows CE

3 Cinguler

4 Can receive emails on both pacbell and gmail addresses set up as POP3 accounts

5 Can send on neither account. System reports "cannot download messages."

6 Am using Cingular's cmwx.com as the domain, with the same receive and send servers that I have used for some time now on my prior Treo600 for the pacbell and gmail accounts.

I have all SSL and "requires authentication" boxes unchecked.

Thanks if you can help!

HR
  2.    #2  
    I just spent an hour on the line with customer service.

I have no complaints, the person is outstanding.

He concluded that my settings are correct (including using cwmx.com as the outgoing server with domain field blank).

I have http: access.

I can receive in both my gmail and my pacbell accounts on the '750 using the bundled Microsoft "inbasket" email client... but can send with neither.

If someone can comment, thanks!

HR
    Have you tried using gmail's smtp servers to send emails?

I use gmail on my treo 750 without any problems sending emails. I used both the gmail's pop3 and smtp servers.
    A shot in the dark.

When an email account I have setup in VersaMail on my 700p stops being able to "delete off the server" -- checking the for correct settings does not cure the problem. Some sort of corruption has occurred and just writing over the settings does not cure the corruption. I have to delete the account and re-create it with the exact same settings to correct the situation.

On the off chance this may help the issue you have on your 750 in WM5 -- try deleting the the setup and then recreate it.
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/08/2007 at 08:58 PM.