1.    #1  
    I have an ongoing problem which I'm trying to figure out what causes it.

Any time I try to play streaming audio WMA feeds that are 32kbps or higher, the feed comes through...then pauses/stops/restarts about once every 45 seconds to a minute or so.

It sounds to me like WMP10 isn't keeping up with the higher bitrate - 16kbps-20kbps streams do fine.

Also, higher bitrate MP3 feeds are without problem via the latest free version of TCPMP. But the stopping also occurs on 32kbps streaming WMA feeds if I use Pocket Player, which I understand uses the WM5 built-in Windows Media libraries for that decoding anyway.

Any thoughts here? Is there any way to get non-stopping-prone 32kbps WMA audio on the Treo 700wx?

If you'd like to play along with me, go to TUNED.mobi, which is a clearinghouse for links to radio station streaming audio - then try any 32kbps WMP feed listed.
    I stream higher bitrate files fine through WMP. Not sure how to get yours to work without fixing. Could be a lack of free memory?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    I stream higher bitrate files fine through WMP. Not sure how to get yours to work without fixing. Could be a lack of free memory?
    Just to clarify - I'm not talking about streaming "files", I'm talking about streaming live audio (radio stations, etc.). I'm not sure it makes a difference, but I thought I'd make it clear.

I had better success doing the streaming without stops last night, but I can't be confident it will continue.

One thing I did was kill all programs besides WMP. Nothing else was in memory program-running-wise, and there's plenty of free memory otherwise. I've had this problem even when there was basically nothing on the 700wx except the built-in programs.

I was streaming freely last night hooked up via ActiveSync with the cell radio turned off, but it also seemed to work fine when I turned the radio back on and disconnected from the computer...one thing I did notice, is that the stopping came back briefly when my audio stream started playing music (vs. talk).

I've ordered a WiFi card, so maybe I'll see if that has the same problems. Maybe I just didn't have enough bandwidth (low EVDO signal?)...it seemed fine otherwise.