Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    As I posted (with photos) in the "Seidio Owners Chime In..." thread, I received my redesigned holster for the skinned Treo a few weeks ago.

At first, since Seidio had not posted that a redesigned holster was available, I thought maybe the replacement I was sent was just the old one again. However, it has worked impeccably and I have not had even one mishap, thanks to some much-needed enhancements.

That said, Seidio has not spoken up to officially confirm that I'm not imagining my own good fortune. Has anyone else who returned their old faulty holster also received the new ones, or am I the only who actually returned mine and everyone else was waiting for some sort of Seidio post before returning?
    I was under the impression that Seidio would make some kind of announcement here on the forums (why shouldn't they? They do for everything else).

That being said, I have moved on from the crappy skin case that doesn't stay snapped together and the insecure holster.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    I was under the impression that Seidio would make some kind of announcement here on the forums (why shouldn't they? They do for everything else).

That being said, I have moved on from the crappy skin case that doesn't stay snapped together and the insecure holster.
    I rarely use the holster with my Treo because I'm personally not a fan of anything being attached to my belt, but the hard skin case from Seidio has been flawless. I've been using it for over two months and removing/putting it on about 5 times a week and it still works GREAT.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I rarely use the holster with my Treo because I'm personally not a fan of anything being attached to my belt, but the hard skin case from Seidio has been flawless. I've been using it for over two months and removing/putting it on about 5 times a week and it still works GREAT.
    You're lucky. I have had two of those skin cases and each time the little snaps at one place or another have snapped off.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Hmm, did you ever drop them? Maybe the techniques we use for putting it together or removing it are different.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    Hmm, did you ever drop them? Maybe the techniques we use for putting it together or removing it are different.
    Funny you should ask. The first case was broken becuase it fell out of the holster!
    Yea I can see it breaking from a drop.
    We are in the final stages of development for the improved holster. I will post here when they're available and we will issue replacements for those of you who are having problems.

Thanks
    Are these holsters a replacement for certain models?

will replacements be given for the treo 700p skinned holster?

do these new holsters still have the clip over the SD card?
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    Are these holsters a replacement for certain models?

will replacements be given for the treo 700p skinned holster?

do these new holsters still have the clip over the SD card?
    The new designs are for the Treo 680 and 750. Some people are having issues with the phone being released with a bump so we're making improvements.

We're not seeing these problems with the 700P holster and currently have no plans to change it.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    What the? I was sent a new holster after the whole fiasco with the old crappy ones and so far I have had zero problems with it releasing at the slightest brush. So I was re-sent the old designed holster? If so, then how is it that it's tough as nails? I mean when I say zero problems, I mean ZERO problems. Your company must have some quality control issues. I don't get it.
    UNfortunatly, I have one of those case's and holsters that decided to let loose. My case got damaged and I cant say I trust the holster anymore. Cant wait to see the improvements!

Im using the first holster I purchased for the UN-skinned Treo. This Seidio holster for the naked treo works great!!! Its just the skinned version with some issues. I loved the case as well, but now it doesnt close after the fall.
    they should of came out with a new designed holster for the skinned treos
    Quote Originally Posted by Interstink View Post
    UNfortunatly, I have one of those case's and holsters that decided to let loose. My case got damaged and I cant say I trust the holster anymore. Cant wait to see the improvements!

Im using the first holster I purchased for the UN-skinned Treo. This Seidio holster for the naked treo works great!!! Its just the skinned version with some issues. I loved the case as well, but now it doesnt close after the fall.
    Be careful with that unskinned holster. I had a lot of issues with that holster as well, it ejected my 750 about 3 times in 3 days causing some pretty nice damage to the phone. Not happy at all with Seidio anymore because of this. I don't see this problem being related to just the skinned holster.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I purchased a Seidio hybrid skin for my 750 when they came out and it would come apart at least 3 times a day, I heard great things about them before I purchased it but I have yet to experience those great things