Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've been working on a script (CarrierDate.mscr) the past few days, which displays the date in the carrier logo area.

I like this field becuase it displays the BT icon, which changes color when I have a connected device, such as my headset. Using the BTicon in lower tray only changes if BT is on/off, so I have to guess if my device is still connected or not.

Having a 240x240 display makes every little inch of the screen prime real estate. I used to run Hidelogo, TrueToolbar, along with BTicon, to display the BT icon on the screen. I can now remove TrueToolbar and BTIcon, leaving me more space. I'm not concerned about running tasks, since I use MenuPlus and usually kill unnecessary apps through there.

CarrierDate.mscr is still in the alpha phase, so I won't post the file here, for those interested.
    Nice idea. Post when you feel comfortable!
    I agree. Sounds good. Post when you are ready.
    Just what I've been looking for! Thanks Crazie E!
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Crazie I was waiting for someone to come up with this one. Looking forward to it. Your screen shot looks awesome.
    Crazie- I allways used my palm 650 to verify the date and look forward to having the same on the 700wx.
    Looks like an excellent program. By all means, keep us all informed on this program.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I am very interested in this as well. Seems like the right the solution to a problem that is a real pain in the arse!
    Eddie, could you by chance add in the alarm icon too? I see that you also have a pdanet icon on the lower right...can you add that icon on the tab that shows:

date, location, bluetooth. the pdanet takes up estate on our small screens.

in the end...perhaps.

date, alarm, pdanet, location, bluetooth.

Eddie, where do u go to to learn all of this stuff that you are trying to do. there are sooo much that i want to do with the Treo.

1) make upper screen (start, ev, bar, battery, time) and lower screen (messaging, menu) half the size that it is.

2) remove the lines on today's screen (make transparent)
  10.    #10  
    I'm new to Mortscript, so I can't help you too much. I heard Mortscript was easy to learn/use and I've developed apps long before (Cobol, Fortran, CL/JCL, & RPG). Unfortunately, this was a LONG time ago and never developed apps, since I got more into computer hardware/network. I figured it might be something easy to do, especially for me, since a date script just requires to read the time and display it. So I cranked started the old part of my brain, started reading up on Mortscript, looking at examples, etc. and finally got something going.

There's a section here regarding Mortscript development...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91

There's also a developer's forum here...
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=289197

Mortscripts home page...
    http://www.sto-helit.de/

The icon on the bottom is a connections icon. I was using Pocket Controller to take the screen shot. As far as creating an icon, I'll look into it.
    Eddie, when can you release the beta??
  12.    #12  
    I'll get it done soon. I want to create an error routine. My script executes itself every minute. If you soft reset during this process, an error is displayed showing the script cannot be found.
    have you not seen the program todaytime??? just asking..
    eddie, the scipts disappears when it is soft reset...let's see if this work.

within the location of your registry, create a folder under the parent. soft reset the phone. check back to see if the folder is erased.

if not, then place your code in the new folder and reference

else

place a folder elsewhere and reference back

end if.
    Quote Originally Posted by fearthefox View Post
    have you not seen the program todaytime??? just asking..
    This script, in my opinion, serves two purposes. (1) having the date displayed and (2) the BT icon. The "Sprint" or "Verizon" carrier name is worthless. This makes it useful, while not having to have two Today plugins being used.

Quote Originally Posted by slyaii View Post
    eddie, the scipts disappears when it is soft reset...
    Did you put a link to the script in your startup folder?
  16.    #16  
    The script doesn't disappear upon a reset. Since it runs itself every minute, when I perform a soft reset, the device thinks the app is not there, when it actuallly is. Anyway, that is what I'm thinking, since the app is still running well.

I have used Today time, Hidelogo, True Toolbar, and BTicon to display the BT icon in True Toolbar. 2 things I didn't like.

1. The BT icon does not change color when paired, so I would have to guess if my headset was still paired or not. It will only change color if the BT was turned off.

2. If you're Today screen extended itself, which displayed the scroll bar, and you scrolled all the way down, TodayTime, would scroll off as well. Using the Carrier field to display the date will not scroll off. In fact, the scroll bar appears just below the carrier bar.
    methinks, and I may be incorrect about this, you shouldn't set this to run every minute, but rather have it start up with the system via shortcut launch in \Windows\Start Menu\Startup and then keeping the script memory resident, updating the registry location every minute.

Seems less stressful than loading MS from flash at such a high frequency.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    methinks, and I may be incorrect about this, you shouldn't set this to run every minute, but rather have it start up with the system via shortcut launch in \Windows\Start Menu\Startup and then keeping the script memory resident, updating the registry location every minute.

Seems less stressful than loading MS from flash at such a high frequency.
    Thanks for the input. I have tested the script how resource intensite the app was, during it's early phase of development. It wasn't much, but I'll compare it using your suggestion.
  19.    #19  
    Made some changes. It should be available soon after some testing.

Click here for the thread regarding changes to the app...
    Have there been any updates or a release on this yet? Looking forward to it. Thanks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast