Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Thanks for the input.

I've actually considered just performing the update every 24 hours, but the minute update seems to work well with Treo Alert. But I'll play around with the time more.
    Slings gonna break you. He's planning on updating the Carrier line every 15 seconds in Treo Alerts 4.9 unlike in 4.8 where it only refreshes when you come out of suspend.
    Quote Originally Posted by adbnist View Post
    Great stuff! Two questions though...

First, Is there any particular reason that this script needs to run every 60 seconds? So far it seems like the CarrierName line only gets changed when switching to and from flight mode. I've changed the StartTime line to

Code:
    RunNextVal = 86400 - (((FormatTime("H")*60) + FormatTime("i"))*60 +FormatTime("s")) + 5
    StartTime = Timestamp() + %RunNextVal%
    so the script re-executes 5 seconds after midnight.

Second, do you really need to edit the state\phone registry key? I only have it change ...RIL\CarrierName which seems to work fine. I'm on a 700w so maybe it's different for other phones.
    700w acts differently than 700wx and 750.

RIL\CarrierName for the 700w is all you need.

Also, the Carrier status line is also written to by the operating system for

"No Service" and I'm assuming a few other notifications.

-- JDC
    hmm how about this one.Were in the heck is the status value change when the device is turned off and on.Ive been working for hours trying to find and there is no such thing.When it comes to the refresh of the carrier line.The roam seems to be the major issue.Once again were is the roam value change...anyone roaming out there that knows the. value change????
    Last edited by slingbox; 04/11/2007 at 01:08 AM.
  5.    #25  
    Made some changes...

1. I was impressed by JDCochrans coding (Xcast), so I tried to use a similar format. Made it easier to read.
    2. Initial run of the app on the device would read the values of the carrier field and write to an INI file. This can be used at a later point, in case the values needed to be restored.

Code:
      AppName = "cDate1.mscr"
      AppLocation = "\Storage Card\Program Files\cDate\"

#      Author: Crazie.Eddie@Flashmail.com
    # Description: Carrier logo date replacement
    #
    # CHANGE LOG:
    # 2007.04.05 - Initial creation (Crazie.Eddie@Flashmail.com)
    # 2007.04.07 - Write to logo field into a seperate module (Crazie.Eddie@Flashmail.com)
    # 2007.04.09 - Create ini file (Crazie.Eddie@Flashmail.com)
    #
    ##################################################################
     cDateINI = %AppLocation% & "cDate.ini"

# ================================================================
    #
    # If this is the initial run, it will read the values from 
    # HKLM\System\State\Phone\Current Operator Name
    # HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Ril
    #
    # Then creates an INI file with the original values and places the ini file in %AppLocation%
    # This will make it easy to recover original values.
    #
    # ----------------------------------------------------------------

cDateINIloc=FileExists(%cDateINI%)
      If (%cDateINIloc% eq "0" )
      OperatorName=RegRead ("HKLM","System\State\Phone","Current Operator Name")
      CarrierName=RegRead ("HKLM","Software\Microsoft\Ril","CarrierName")

WriteFile (%cDateINI%, "^CR^", 0)
      WriteFile (%cDateINI%, "[Carrier]", 1)
      WriteFile (%cDateINI%, "^CR^", 1)
      WriteFile (%cDateINI%, "OperatorName=", 1)
      WriteFile (%cDateINI%, %OperatorName%, 1)
      WriteFile (%cDateINI%, "CarrierName=", 1)
      WriteFile (%cDateINI%, %CarrierName%, 1)
      EndIf

#
    # Determines current month by name
    #
      GetTime MonthVal, "m"

MonthName[01]="January"
      MonthName[02]="February"
      MonthName[03]="March"
      MonthName[04]="April"
      MonthName[05]="May"
      MonthName[06]="June"
      MonthName[07]="July"
      MonthName[08]="August"
      MonthName[09]="September"
      MonthName[10]="October"
      MonthName[11]="November"
      MonthName[12]="December"

MonthName=MonthName[%MonthVal%]

#
    # Determines current day by name
    #
      GetTime DayVal, "w"

DayName[0]="Sunday"
      DayName[1]="Monday"
      DayName[2]="Tuesday"
      DayName[3]="Wednesday"
      DayName[4]="Thursday"
      DayName[5]="Friday"
      DayName[6]="Saturday"

DayName=DayName[%DayVal%]

#
    # Retrieves the current date and year
    #
      GetTime Date, " d, Y"

#
    # Combines to display the field  as example Friday, April 06, 2007
    #
      DisplayDate = %DayName% & ", " & %MonthName% & "" & %Date%

#
    # Writes the date in the carrier field
    #

RegWriteString "HKLM","System\State\Phone","Current Operator Name", %DisplayDate%
      RegWriteString "HKLM","Software\Microsoft\Ril","CarrierName", %DisplayDate%

#
    # Executes the app again at the calculated time
    #
    #
    #  GetTime Date, "H i s"
    #
    # Executes the script at midnight
    # StartTime = 86400 - (((FormatTime("H")*60) + FormatTime("i"))*60 +FormatTime("s"))
    # StartTime = Timestamp() + %RunNextVal%
    #
    # Executes the script again after 60 seconds
      StartTime = Timestamp()+60
    #
      AppVal=%AppLocation% & %AppName%

RunAt( %StartTime%,%AppVal% )
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 04/11/2007 at 05:47 AM.
    Thanks, but the original code was not mine. I butchered it into a bunch of If statements.

Seriously, though, why not enable the Date feature of the Today screen and not write to this field? Settings, Personal (Tab), Today, Items (Tab), Date
    What am I missing?

-- JDC
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    Thanks, but the original code was not mine. I butchered it into a bunch of If statements.

Seriously, though, why not enable the Date feature of the Today screen and not write to this field? Settings, Personal (Tab), Today, Items (Tab), Date
    What am I missing?

-- JDC
    As you know, having a 240x240 screen makes every space prime real estate. I liked the BT icon of the field, because it changes color if a device is connected. I used to guess if my headset was still connected. I often would just dial VM to see if I can hear through the headset. I used to use Hidelogo, BTicon (displays BT icon in lower tray), TodayTime, and True Toolbar. Using BTicon only changes if BT is turned of/on.

Also this field doesn't allow the scroll bar. So if you have allot of Today items, the scroll bar would start after this field.

If I used the Time in the Today items, I have that wasted space with the carrier logo. Xcast is a nice app, but I use Sbp Weather, because it gives me the weather for the next few days, plus it is great 1 handed operation. Treo Alerts is a plus, which works with my script, but I notice sometimes it remains on, even after deleting messages and VM. My only remedy would be run to Memmaid, clear VM notification, and a soft reset. When I get time, I'll try to investigate how to resolve the issue. Besides, I did a registry tweak, which allowed me to have repeating notifications for VM, email, SMS, etc. That along with Voice Command 1.6, I get very good notification of any calls/emails, since I can hear exactly who it's from.
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 04/11/2007 at 01:10 PM.
    OK... I thought as much, but secretly wanted to catch someone in an "oh yeah" moment.

Seriously, that all makes sense.

What phone do you have? How's Voice 1.6?

-- JDC
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    OK... I thought as much, but secretly wanted to catch someone in an "oh yeah" moment.

Seriously, that all makes sense.

What phone do you have? How's Voice 1.6?

-- JDC
    I have the Sprint 700wx. I switched over from Sprint, after a friend of mine convinced me to switch over. It was some kind of Employee Friend's and family deal thing. $15 (USD)/month for 500 minutes, unlimited data/sms, including their typical free nights/weekends and free nationwide long distance. Being a Verizon subscriber for a long time, even before when they were Ameritech, I couldn't pass it up, so I switched over. I originally started with a Motorola Razr v3m when I signed up, but I realised, with an unlimited data plan, I might as well go for the gusto, and upgraded to the Treo 700wx. I love it ever since. I used to use an iPaq H5555 over 4 years ago, so having a PPC device, wasn't really new, just needed a refresher.

Anyways, Voice Command 1.6 is ok. It's a hit and miss activating VC through my Jabra BT500 button. Unfortunately, I still have to talk close to the phone to use it. VC is supposed to announce over to the headset, but I haven't heard anything. The only thing I don't like is it changed the BT icon on the Carrier status bar. With VC 1.5, the BT icon changes color if a device is connected and if it is on/off. With VC 1.6, the BT icon only changes color if it is on/off. So I'll probably perform a hard reset and stay with 1.5 for now.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12