1.    #1  
    I was a longstanding user of past Treos, and just switched from the 650 to the 750. Now, it takes forever to look up contacts. For instance, if I enter a name in contacts, what took less than a second in the Treo 650 now takes 10 to 20 seconds! The same is true when I enter a name in email. This makes the Treo 750 a real productivity-killer, and if I can't solve this I am about to return it.

Do you know a solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    This is my 1st Treo so I don't know how the speed compares to the 650 but mine contacts load and call pretty fast. Could you have a lot of running applications going on and perhaps that effects the speed?

The speed of this phone runs circles around my Blackjack that I previous had.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
    I posted a thread a couple of weeks back asking if it was possible to exclude sim contacts from this lookup - that is one reason the lookup is so slow. Alas I never got an answer...
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    Wonder if all your contacts are on your sim card. how many contacts?

I hat about 2300 contacts and can search in less then a second. I have added a full list of over 12000 contacts and same fast results. Its the the treo, its your data or storage location.