1.    #1  
    I reboot my 750 EVERY DAY!

OK, here is this weeks great frustration. I use my 750 for everything - music, SMS, calendar, etc everything.

If I make a call without headphone plugged into it, I can't plug in the headphone after the call has been initiated. Why?

My Plantronics headphones don't work at all now. Why?

On many days, I plug my Seidio duel headphones in and nothing. I get music from the built in speaker only. I have to reboot at least one time to get the 750 to recognize the headphone. Why?
    I reset a few times a week out of habit, not out of necessity. Perhaps you should try a hard reset and try to find the app that is causing you this trouble.
    If you don't like the 750 and would like to sell it let me know. There are dozens of other PocketPC and Palm devices out there.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
  4.    #4  
    Sell it and buy what?

I sold my 650 to buy this one. (biggest mistake of my decade long affair with Palm)

I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Palm fan. That's where my frustration comes from. This is an incredibly mediocre pda.
    Quote Originally Posted by PF Graham View Post
    Sell it and buy what?

I sold my 650 to buy this one. (biggest mistake of my decade long affair with Palm)

I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Palm fan. That's where my frustration comes from. This is an incredibly mediocre pda.
    I think you will find a lot of disagreement on that last statement. IMO the 750 blows the 650 out of the water. I for one am never going back to a dated Palm OS. My 750 works fantastically! I maybe do a soft reset once a week just to keep things running smooth but not because I have to as indicated in the previous post.

However, I loaded a bunch of 3rd party apps onto my 750 and had a couple of issues early one. I did a hard reset and loaded them on one at a time and even gave a few a day on the device before loading another one. I figured out that the SPB products were the offenders and since not loading them onto my device, none of which I really used anyway, it has been smooth sailing.

If you hate the 750 so much sell it to the guy in the previous post and buy a 650 cheap on eBay.
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers View Post
    I think you will find a lot of disagreement on that last statement. IMO the 750 blows the 650 out of the water. I for one am never going back to a dated Palm OS. My 750 works fantastically! I maybe do a soft reset once a week just to keep things running smooth but not because I have to as indicated in the previous post.

However, I loaded a bunch of 3rd party apps onto my 750 and had a couple of issues early one. I did a hard reset and loaded them on one at a time and even gave a few a day on the device before loading another one. I figured out that the SPB products were the offenders and since not loading them onto my device, none of which I really used anyway, it has been smooth sailing.

If you hate the 750 so much sell it to the guy in the previous post and buy a 650 cheap on eBay.
    Great points, and I think that diehard palm users, although experts at POS, are really new to WM so they'll have similar frustrations that someone going WM --> POS would experience.
    Sell it and buy what?

I sold my 650 to buy this one. (biggest mistake of my decade long affair with Palm).
    Have you ever seen the commercial where the Sprint cowboy keeps slapping the Cingular cowboy and also drawing, then reholstering his guns before the Cingular cowboy can even just draw his guns? If we sat next to each other, me with my 750 and you with your 650, and had to perform a series of the exact same hard-core, multimedia, converged-device-type tasks, I would be the Sprint cowboy and you would be the red-faced Cingular cowboy . And the irony would be that my 750 IS a Cingular device. Oh the jocularity!! Haha.

I'll give you $200 for your 750. As lame as you say it is, surely its not worth more than that, right?
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
  8.    #8  
    Great, yes, yes, you guys are the smart ones.

So in your world, reseting with some level of frequency is considered standard operating procedure?

Anyway, how about dealing with the main problem, should I be able to plug a headphone into the phone in the middle of call and have the headphones work?
    You can try disable the "volume" service using task manager v2.7 or memmaid. I used to have this problem, but never have it again after I used the hacks in my thread. I am not sure which one is responsible for this. The most possible reason for this is the "tweak" from Palm ("volume" service). Hack 3 may be useful, YMMV.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Anyway, how about dealing with the main problem, should I be able to plug a headphone into the phone in the middle of call and have the headphones work?
    Are you putting the two foam pieces from the headset over your right and left ear?

If I were you I would just quit messing with it and exchange it at a corporate store and get another one. Show the CSR in the store the problem and he/she should easily exchange it out for you.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by conekkted View Post
    Are you putting the two foam pieces from the headset over your right and left ear?

If I were you I would just quit messing with it and exchange it at a corporate store and get another one. Show the CSR in the store the problem and he/she should easily exchange it out for you.
    Other then the foam part, I guess your right. Just wanted to make sure this functionality was working for everybody else.

Patrick
    Great, yes, yes, you guys are the smart ones.

So in your world, reseting with some level of frequency is considered standard operating procedure?

I reset my computer with frequency, and I have reset every PDA and smartphone device I have frequency. It's expected to happen. Of course, I don't reset everyday or anything, I usually reset after I mess around with my device and such.