1.    #1  
    something i've noticed since getting the treo 750v is that is doesn't seem to record all missed calls.

my daughter usually does a "one ringer", phones my mobile then hangs up.. basically so that i pay and she doesn't.. (who's the thicko there

what i've noticed with the treo is that is doesn't show these as a missed call..

has anyone any experince of this or is this an MS feature.

thanks
    Maybe she should wait for two rings. Not sure if it's a delay on the carrier in patching the call through or WM not waking up on such a short time span.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by trojanvision View Post
    Maybe she should wait for two rings. Not sure if it's a delay on the carrier in patching the call through or WM not waking up on such a short time span.
    so far it would seem to be handset related as the phone lights up on the first ring, but doesn't ring, then on 2nd ring it rings. ran some tests even 3 or four rings it does not always record a missed call
    That's interesting. Not sure if that's a Palm specific thing or if it's a general Microsoft Windows Mobile thing. Hopefully someone here can chime in with more knowledge.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I have noticed the same thing. I have tried calling my phone from different sources (Other cell phones, Landlines) and it seem to light up on the first ring but not ring until the second or third. This is not the case with the Palm Based Treo's that I've owned, so it's rules the carrier out. I did notice though that with my bluetooth headset on, it will give me the signal tone before the first ring, and before or about the time it lights up.
    My guess is that it's a Windows Mobile thing, hopefully the upgrade to WM 6 at the end of the year will solve this minor issue.
    A lot of times the forst ring doesn't connect to the phone. Most of the time I have found. If, on the first ring, it sounds more like a "double ring," it has connected w/the phone already.
    Yeah... First ring to the caller often doesnt show on the phone at all. Depends on a few factors, but after two rings my Treo always records the missed calls. I have calls answered by an answering service on the second ring, this way I can see who just called in the logs yet the calls are answered via. my service, not me/Treo.