1.    #1  
    For all those who are moving from the 650 or 680 to the 750, be patient. I gave the 750 a try for a day and got frustrated with it. Too complicated, too complex, not straight forward like the Palm. I decided last week to give the 750 another try but this time for more than just one day. I'm finally getting to where I can operate things one handed as I did with the 680.

Admittedly, it took a bit to get used to the navigation but after a week of having the 750 I am very pleased with it. It performs a lot better than the Palm Treos with respect to email, internet and call quality. No spontaneous resets as of yet (knock on wood) and when I do have to reset, it's a button push that's under the mini-SD door.

I like the personalization and the Today screen as well. So for those looking at the 750, take your time to get used to WM and I think you'll find it just as easy to use as Palm.
    However, some Crimson Tide photographs would be good additions for the website.
    Lock and Load!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
    However, some Crimson Tide photographs would be good additions for the website.
    The closest you'll get is UAB. Worked my way through college in Auburn as a staff photographer for the local paper. Thanks for looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    For all those who are moving from the 650 or 680 to the 750, be patient. I gave the 750 a try for a day and got frustrated with it. Too complicated, too complex, not straight forward like the Palm. I decided last week to give the 750 another try but this time for more than just one day. I'm finally getting to where I can operate things one handed as I did with the 680.

Admittedly, it took a bit to get used to the navigation but after a week of having the 750 I am very pleased with it. It performs a lot better than the Palm Treos with respect to email, internet and call quality. No spontaneous resets as of yet (knock on wood) and when I do have to reset, it's a button push that's under the mini-SD door.

I like the personalization and the Today screen as well. So for those looking at the 750, take your time to get used to WM and I think you'll find it just as easy to use as Palm.
    I agree completely. I also had reservations about the Palm OS to WM5 switch. I don't anymore. In fact, I would NEVER want to go with another non-Windows Mobile device again and I've always liked Windows on PC's (see sig. lol)...

BUT it took me a little while to go so far as to say I LOVE it. I had an 8525 for a while with which I could "practice" for the Treo 750. Wasn't crazy about the 8525, but I was about WM5. So once I had the 750, it was all easy as pie.

One thing that's VERY important to me, however, are the Palm-exclusive WM5 enhancements. Threaded messaging, for example is HUGE. The one-handedness of it also a MUST! So Microsoft is taking over the mobile OS market. I liked Symbian, I loved the Palm OS, but ultimately, I like Windows Mobile better than both of them combined. My two very long cents...lol...
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

I'm glad that you were able to give it another chance. Too many times do people on these forums say that they used WM5 in the store for a few minutes and hated it or that they owned one for a day or two and couldnt get used to it. Of course its going to take longer the POS and WM5 are completely different OSes.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I'm glad that you were able to give it another chance. Too many times do people on these forums say that they used WM5 in the store for a few minutes and hated it or that they owned one for a day or two and couldnt get used to it. Of course its going to take longer the POS and WM5 are completely different OSes.
    If I had to use WM out of the box with no customizations or 3rd party software I'd hate it too.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    And guys, WM6 is coming out for FREE! It certainly won't be a gigantic upgrade, but I've watched a half-hour demo on it where it compares the subtle and not often noticeable differences to WM5, and they're going to be great. Just like we have WM5.2.2, while ALL other NON-Treo phones have only WM5.0 or WM5.1, but the step from 5.1 to 5.2.2 (PPC edition with exclusive Palm "enhancements") is HUGE to me. The threaded text messaging ALONE. And there will be ones like that in WM6.

I only wish I could benefit from the higher resolution. Then THAT would be the best.
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    And guys, WM6 is coming out for FREE! It certainly won't be a gigantic upgrade, but I've watched a half-hour demo on it where it compares the subtle and not often noticeable differences to WM5, and they're going to be great. Just like we have WM5.2.2, while ALL other NON-Treo phones have only WM5.0 or WM5.1, but the step from 5.1 to 5.2.2 (PPC edition with exclusive Palm "enhancements") is HUGE to me. The threaded text messaging ALONE. And there will be ones like that in WM6.

I only wish I could benefit from the higher resolution. Then THAT would be the best.

Where do you see that WM6 will be a "free" upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    If I had to use WM out of the box with no customizations or 3rd party software I'd hate it too.
    So far I'm now into my third week and i have no 3rd party software yet, believe it or not- and I love it.

I tried transcribe and liked it but had to delete it while troubleshooting.(it locked up on me).

Correction:
    The only third party apps is the IM+ I bought. Enables me to make relay phone calls to my wife, etc- but that's it.

I'm saving up to get more 3rd party apps that I know I need such as rescroe(sp?), etc.

But my one cent's input is that even without 3rd party apps, I appreicated the tres750.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post

rumors are that its free for the 750 BECAUSE that palm has promised the treos would come with wm6- therefore people who bought treo750 beforehanded will get them.

(hopefuly)
    I went from the 650 to the 700wx and the 750.

Palm really improved the user interface of Windows. Yes, threaded SMS is wonderful and I don't know why others (hello, Microsoft?) haven't figured this out. This is based on my use of the T-Mobile MDA as well as a couple of smartphones (including the Very Nice Indeed T-Mobile Dash).

PalmOS is still more user-friendly, I think. For instance I believe the D-Pad on my 650 would cycle through every possible item on a screen, while in Windows Mobile you have to sometimes resort to one of the hard buttons or (gasp) the stylus. Over time I think WM will mature and will see the sanity of doing things Palm's way.

Windows Mobile is undoubtedly more powerful than our dear old PalmOS. You can do more stuff at the same time.

Aesthetics are a matter of preference. I happen to prefer the Palm aesthetics but others like Windows.

I once was a True Believer in the Church of Palm but now I guess I am polytheistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post

right back at ya. Point your browser to palm.com. LOL...It's right on the home page.

Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post

Palm really improved the user interface of Windows. Yes, threaded SMS is wonderful and I don't know why others (hello, Microsoft?) haven't figured this out. This is based on my use of the T-Mobile MDA as well as a couple of smartphones (including the Very Nice Indeed T-Mobile Dash).

PalmOS is still more user-friendly, I think. For instance I believe the D-Pad on my 650 would cycle through every possible item on a screen, while in Windows Mobile you have to sometimes resort to one of the hard buttons or (gasp) the stylus. Over time I think WM will mature and will see the sanity of doing things Palm's way.

Windows Mobile is undoubtedly more powerful than our dear old PalmOS. You can do more stuff at the same time.

Aesthetics are a matter of preference. I happen to prefer the Palm aesthetics but others like Windows.

I once was a True Believer in the Church of Palm but now I guess I am polytheistic.
    I think I just like the Treo more than Windows Mobile maybe. The form factor, one-handed use, etc., etc. But I am very glad they merged lol...I also liked the Palm OS, and I was pretty miffed that there was no 750p and 750w. However, now I'm glad that there wasn't, as I have fallen in love with WM5 and am so happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post

WM5 and even 6 is still really built upon the original stylus-based PPC2000 OS so that's why everything is able to be clicked w/ the dpad/hardware buttons. The Palm OS is probably the simpler OS to use, but simple can be more frustrating a lot of the time.
    I don't know. Once you make an effort to adjust to Windows Mobile, I find it no more difficult to navigate. It's just different. It doesn't take any more or less clicks to get from one thing to another.
    There are some things tha can be improved.
    Eg: Internet Explorer. Click on "Favorites" and you have to then scroll down through the entire list of bookmarks to find the one you want, even through the sub folders. Blazer on PalmOS by way of comparison can be set to open up bookmarks by default and you have nearly instant click access to a bookmark.
    But really don't like the PalmOS bookmarks. And I like that you can sync/edit your bookmarks on your desktop, unlike Blazer.

You can set your hard buttons to your favorite apps.
    If you just hit Menu, your most common apps are there as well as most recently run ones.
    On Palm OS, I had to hit the "Home" key repeatedly til I got to the right category, then press the letter on the keyboard to jump to the app I wanted, then click on it. I actually prefer the Windows approach.
    But I do wish you could do 'list view' of your programs folder instead of icons (gag)

But the two reasons I won't go back to PalmOS:
    1) Multitasking. I can have several apps open and switch between them without closing them and actually have them do things. Palm has to close an app to open another one in most cases unless it's designed to run in background.
    2) Of course 3G support.
    3) OS allows for actual app installation on a card. Not just limited support to run from the card.
    Yep. I basically agree on everything with the previous poster. Well, every now and then, I'll set an alarm on my 650, so I am reminded of the difference with Palm OS. I don't HATE it. I just like WM5 better and I find WM5 to BE better. I also liked Symbian before I had my 650, but the Palm OS was so much better than Symbian, I loved it, and now the same applies to WM5. You can just do so much more faster and more efficiently. I happen to love OS's. LOL...WM5 integrates perfectly with Vista. I don't like XP's ActiveSync.

Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    Eg: Internet Explorer. Click on "Favorites" and you have to then scroll down through the entire list of bookmarks to find the one you want, even through the sub folders.
    I agree for the most part, but at least you can press the starting letter of the site you want to go to and keep pressing that letter until you get to the one you want.

If you just hit Menu, your most common apps are there as well as most recently run ones.
    I'd be lost without BOTH iLauncher for Today launching and SmallMenu (when I want to launch apps without having to back to the today screen. SmallMenu also has a favorites launcher for PIE - very cool.

But the two reasons I won't go back to PalmOS:
    1) Multitasking. I can have several apps open and switch between them without closing them and actually have them do things. Palm has to close an app to open another one in most cases unless it's designed to run in background.
    2) Of course 3G support.
    3) OS allows for actual app installation on a card. Not just limited support to run from the card.
    I left a long time ago, back in the days when there were no Pocket PC phones. The main reason why (even back then) was the PPC felt more like an extension of my home/work PC rather than just a glorified contact management device. Of course, the playing field has leveled "a bit" since then, but whenever I see a Palm device today, I am reminded that fundamentally that OS hasn't changed much since the days I used a Palm device.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    The reason I use 680 now, after settling down with 750v for 4 months.

1. 680 resolution is easy on the eyes
    2. Faster response between clicks
    3. Semi-Multitasking
    4. Push email is available
    5. Greater screen space when typing email/sms
    6. Better Gmail Java Application (bigger text size, brighter resolution)
    Quote Originally Posted by esatyawan View Post
    The reason I use 680 now, after settling down with 750v for 4 months.

1. 680 resolution is easy on the eyes
    2. Faster response between clicks
    3. Semi-Multitasking
    4. Push email is available
    5. Greater screen space when typing email/sms
    6. Better Gmail Java Application (bigger text size, brighter resolution)
    At EDGE speeds. SMS/MMS/email (I do miss push email from Chatter) are fine but downloads and browsing?

Hey, and what's with the Muenchen (Munich) plate?