1.    #1  
    So in tribute to that babe Ally Walker and as part of an ongoing psychological experiment, I hacked up this little gem last night. It's called 'Profiler' and it is dead-simple profiles support. To create a profile, you simply:

1) Run profiler and it saves your current settings into a named shortcut under Start Menu/Programs.
    2) To activate that profile, you simply click on that named shortcut.

If you want a second profile, adjust your settings accordingly and rerun the process. No muss, no fuss, no calories, carbs or caffeine, this is as simple as I can make it.

Profiler will save:
    - brightness level
    - keylight state
    - speaker volume
    - ringer volume
    - ringtones (known caller & unknown caller settings)

For you MortScript hackers, the "cool" factor is that it embeds all the settings into the shortcut and links back to itself. When Profiler is launched, it detects whether it was launched in "Save profile" mode or in "Load profile/Shortcut" mode and if it was launched in "Load profile" mode, it just takes the settings embedded in the shortcut.

Z.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by zbop; 04/05/2007 at 07:03 PM. Reason: oops, left debugging statement in there.
    any try this yet....
    Cool, it just needs scheduling and a way to launch a script with it. hehe

I know I know, it's a psychological experiment.
  4.    #4  
    Oops, I left in some debugging that would have prevented the profile from being loaded, my bad. Fixed it.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Cool, it just needs scheduling and a way to launch a script with it. hehe

I know I know, it's a psychological experiment.
    Yeah, just curious as to what makes people tick
    I think if you want to break up Tweakster you could separate tweaks and probes from profiles and scheduling. I find myself using profiles and scheduling all the time. If I need to use a tweak or probe it is very rare. I'm willing to bet that if you break out profiles and scheduling and call it Profiler and have a simple cab installer with nice icons (I can take care of the cab) it would be a success. Most treo users don't know what to do if there isnt' a cab install.

You could ditch the main menu and just have an icon for profiles and another for scheduling. Icons to load each profile will also be nice for quick profile changes.
    Last edited by hannip; 04/06/2007 at 11:08 AM.
    nice job.

coming from a blackberry, i really missed this profile thing. phonealarm had it but.....

this maybe one of the "must haves" in my book anyhow.

thanks, cody
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I think if you want to break up Tweakster you could separate tweaks and probes from profiles and scheduling. I find myself using profiles and scheduling all the time. If I need to use a tweak or probe it is very rare. I'm willing to bet that if you break out profiles and scheduling and call it Profiler and have a simple cab installer with nice icons (I can take care of the cab) it would be a success. Most treo users don't know what to do if there isnt' a cab install.

You could ditch the main menu and just have an icon for profiles and another for scheduling. Icons to load each profile will also be nice for quick profile changes.
    Same here, I mostly use the profiles and scheduling. It isn't important that Tweakster is a success since I did it for fun and there's nothing riding on it, other than my ego

Before I make any other changes, I'm playing around with the SDK to see how much effort it will be to recode some of this and if it ain't too bad I may rewrite the profiles and scheduling stuff using the SDK.

Once again hannip, thanks for all the help
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    nice job.

coming from a blackberry, i really missed this profile thing. phonealarm had it but.....

this maybe one of the "must haves" in my book anyhow.

thanks, cody
    Thanks cody. BTW if it doesn't do what you want, feel free to hack it up, I know you can do it
    When I get a chance I may work on this to get it to save more settings. I want ALL sound and vibration settings saved and I think can identify them all in the registry, so it should not be too hard.

Unless I get lucky and someone beats me to it.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    When I get a chance I may work on this to get it to save more settings. I want ALL sound and vibration settings saved and I think can identify them all in the registry, so it should not be too hard.

Unless I get lucky and someone beats me to it.
    Westronic, you make any progress with this? Or are you still waitin' to get lucky?