1.    #1  
    Ok on my old phone i was able to go to walmart.com and copy the link location of a 30 second sample from a song, text it to my phone from my pc, than download the 30 second sample onto my phone. After i did that i was able to use it as a ringtone. I am a total nOOb with this treo 700wx i just got yesterday. I tried to do my little text a ringtone trick but it won't work. When i open the text it alows me to listen to the sample but there is no way to download it. Does anyone know a way to make it work or a way to get free ringtones off a site or even ringtones i download. I do not have a memory card yet either, will i need one to do this? Bare in mind i am a complete noob with this thing so laymen terms would be much appreciated.
    use activesync to copy ringtones directly onto your phone
    Or you could always email them to yourself and check the email on your phone. It will give you a option to save to your phone. Also remember you will have to copy and paste the mp3 files directly to windows/rings folder in able for them to show up when you select the ringtone.
  4.    #4  
    Can i email them to hotmail and check on my phone. That is the only email i have right now.Like go through pocket msn program than hotmail.
  5.    #5  
    you can not send media files with activesynk unless you have a sd card, which i dont have yet
    Yes, just make sure to check your email via poutlook.