1.    #1  
    Hey folks. I just came back from out of the country. I had my activesync scheduled to sync with our office throughout the day. This is my third year traveling overseas to the same location with my treo. Unfortunately when I returned I was hit by a bill from Cingular that was 5 times more than it normally is. When I called to check on the bill, they said it was correct because of the amount of data that was being accessed. I just don't understand how I could have used that much date syncing as I normally do. My normal data usage with the 750 isn't even close to what I was experiencing overseas. Does anybody have any suggestions???? Has anyone else experienced the same thing? Help is certainly appreciated, I can't afford to turn my car over to Cingular.
    Raise hell deny it don't give in threaten to go to other carrier They usually settle for half the money then get the unlimited plan if your going to use the net
    I believe this is becuase when you leave the country you are roaming to access the data (the same as you are roaming to use phone service). International data is charged at 2 cents per kb regardless of the data plan you have. I'm not sure if of how much data you actually sent or recieved while oversees, but it would have had to been alot to warrant you bill being five times higher than normal! I would check you data usage on your account page to verify!
    Quote Originally Posted by ebottle View Post
    Hey folks. I just came back from out of the country. I had my activesync scheduled to sync with our office throughout the day. This is my third year traveling overseas to the same location with my treo. Unfortunately when I returned I was hit by a bill from Cingular that was 5 times more than it normally is. When I called to check on the bill, they said it was correct because of the amount of data that was being accessed. I just don't understand how I could have used that much date syncing as I normally do. My normal data usage with the 750 isn't even close to what I was experiencing overseas. Does anybody have any suggestions???? Has anyone else experienced the same thing? Help is certainly appreciated, I can't afford to turn my car over to Cingular.
    Was this the first time you were hit by this size of a bill? If it was, I would be asking what had they changed between this time and the previous one.

Just a question - what data plan do you have? Are you on the PDA Connect or older MediaWorks plan? I have heard that Cingular does sometimes review what device you are using and what device you are using and will charge you if you are not using the PDA Connect Plan. There have been numerous threads on this and other sites discussing this issue. Could this have happened to you?
  6.    #6  
    My plan is the PDA Connect. The unlimited plan does not pertain to roaming. My problem is that the actual data usage was much higher than normal. The price per kb is correct. Someone suggested that there is a bug in the system that doesn't disconnect the radio?? Does that make sense.
    look tell Cingular to blow you and that ur not going to pay sh*t, you'd be surprised how well it works, tell them ur going to take ur business some where else and that your not satisfied with how they are treating a great customer like you. hey its worth a try =)
    I just had a similar situation happen to me. Just got a bill from cingular with data amounts that seem extremely excessive. This is the second month in a row. I actually tried this month to turn off activesync's scheduled sync, but it appears to be syncinc anyways. Ideas? Is this a bug?
  9.    #9  
    I have talked with others that say it is a 750 problem but I can't confirm. Also, it is supposed to be resolved with the move to WM6.