Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. Rino808's Avatar
    Posts
    338 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
       #1  
    i was woundering if it is possible to make a redial feature that keeps redialing when the line is busy until you connect??
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    i was woundering if it is possible to make a redial feature that keeps redialing when the line is busy until you connect??
    ... I've been told that ppl in the 808 area code don't answer phones, so this filter will need to be added.



    -- JDC
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    i was woundering if it is possible to make a redial feature that keeps redialing when the line is busy until you connect??
    I thought about doing this, but Pocketmax has a simple free redialer already.

    http://www.pocketmax.net/redial.html
  4. Rino808's Avatar
    Posts
    338 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
       #4  
    yeah zbop i did check that redialer out form pocketmax...but it doesnt work with out 750's...

    jd it only keeps redialing when the line is busy...then when it gets through it connects and lets you know...
  5. #5  
    Just find the line busy reg value.When that kicks in throw a timer loop dialing #
    lets say 30 sec pause before loop starts then reads value.This can be done very easy
  6. Rino808's Avatar
    Posts
    338 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
       #6  
    thanks sling, im really new to trying to find reg values out...but can you point me in the right direction on where to look for that value...and it would just be somewhere in the HKLM, HKCR or HKCU...am i starting in the right direction...
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    yeah zbop i did check that redialer out form pocketmax...but it doesnt work with out 750's...

    jd it only keeps redialing when the line is busy...then when it gets through it connects and lets you know...
    Hey sorry, didn't realize that...

    Wow, it's really a shame... you take a shared software reference platform like WM5, and a shared platform like the Palm Treo 7xx series, and yet they manage to create incompatibilities like this?!

    I can understand say, a difference in drivers because of a new bluetooth chipset or something like that, but time and time again they create unnecessary incompatibilities in high-level software Seriously the bozos in charge of the platform builds should be taken out and shot.

    Sorry, on a bit of a rant today

    Rino, ssnap is your friend... Try calling a busy number and then snooping the registry with ssnap.exe from s-k-tools.
  8. Rino808's Avatar
    Posts
    338 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
       #8  
    thanks zbop, ill look into it...so i have to get a busy tone first and look in the registry to get the values...got it...thanks...
  9. #9  
    I would start out in the HKLM\System\State\Phone key of the registry. The Status value is a bit field and one of the bits might be for busy. I know it sets a bit there for ringing although that is for incoming.

    Zbop, you wouldn't happen to know where the bitmasks for the status field are defined would you? I'm sure there has to be a header file somewhere.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I would start out in the HKLM\System\State\Phone key of the registry. The Status value is a bit field and one of the bits might be for busy. I know it sets a bit there for ringing although that is for incoming.

    Zbop, you wouldn't happen to know where the bitmasks for the status field are defined would you? I'm sure there has to be a header file somewhere.
    Hannip, probably tapi.h but don't hold me to that...
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    thanks zbop, ill look into it...so i have to get a busy tone first and look in the registry to get the values...got it...thanks...
    Hey rino, before you go on a wild goose chase here...

    I just checked this out using ssnap and I don't think you'll have any luck. At least from a registry perspective, there is no difference between busy, ringing & connected. Literally, the only difference in status seems to be whether the phone is "on hook" or "off hook" which doesn't help you with a redialer.
  12. #12  
    Hmm, I wonder where that state is stored then cuz in tapi.h it has bitmasks for outgoing busy and incoming busy. Maybe only available via api?
  13. Rino808's Avatar
    Posts
    338 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
       #13  
    thanks zbop and hannip...i was woundering how pocketmax got his to work for the 700's
  14. #14  
    Ive got the answer guys
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by slingbox; 04/05/2007 at 10:48 PM.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Ive got the answer guys
    lol, you guys sure have a twisted sense of humor
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Hmm, I wonder where that state is stored then cuz in tapi.h it has bitmasks for outgoing busy and incoming busy. Maybe only available via api?
    You're probably right, only available via API. Incidentally, I just compiled some of Microsoft's own sample TAPI code and it doesn't receive any of the state changes from the LINE state callback at all, let alone the BUSY state change

    You would think the busy indicator would also show up in the call screen, but it doesn't. Maybe something is broken in our port.

    My previous comment about the bozos still applies...
  17. #17  
    HeHeHe
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    thanks zbop and hannip...i was woundering how pocketmax got his to work for the 700's
    Just out of curiosity, I tried it on my Treo 700wx and the pocketmax redialer doesn't work either. I don't think it is a problem with the app, but either a limitation of our hardware or something screwed up in the telephony driver. oh well...
  19. #19  
    I wonder if you can send system commands using Mort...??? PhoneAlarm sends system commands that can dial a phone number for call forwarding.

    OR

    Its possible to run the dialpad and enter the digits of your last number called to redial that number.
  20. Rino808's Avatar
    Posts
    338 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
       #20  
    hey interstink that might be the answer...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions