Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    Once a phone is unlocked (SIM restriction removed), it is unlocked permanently. I've had the situation before with a 650. I upgraded the firmware from 1.04 to 1.17 and it was still unlocked. One simply has nothing to do with the other.
    I had an unlocked, unbranded treo 600, that I purchased off ebay. Everytime I flashed the firmware, I had to unlock the phone with the unlock tool again. Maybe it was never truly an unlocked phone. However, it was definately unbranded. Because it would only accept the firmware updater for 'Other' carriers. Not saying that you are wrong. Just stating that I have experienced the problem that was described earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcalloway View Post
    I had an unlocked, unbranded treo 600, that I purchased off ebay. Everytime I flashed the firmware, I had to unlock the phone with the unlock tool again. Maybe it was never truly an unlocked phone. However, it was definately unbranded. Because it would only accept the firmware updater for 'Other' carriers. Not saying that you are wrong. Just stating that I have experienced the problem that was described earlier.
    Interesting. I've never unlocked a phone other than with the actual unlock code. So maybe that's different? What do you use to unlock phones?

Every phone I've noticed over the years (Nokia, Moto, Treo's, HTC's, iPaq's, etc.) has different unlock procedures if you have the code.
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123