1.    #1  
    after screwing around till my hair is falling out ive finaly installed all my stuff one by one and its the a2dp BT stack that does it every time ive rolled back and restored many backups and with in 20-30 min my ringer and alerts are all screwed 3 ways till sunday after the a2dp install. so word of advice stay away i dont know why it has done this but ive missed about 45 calls in the last 2 days and i didnt even know.
    is this isolated or are more people having this problem
  3.    #3  
    it seemes like its a common issue but on these phones and i read a few other posts of ppl with the BT mod saying they experienced no reminder or notification noises.
    The question,
    Were does the stack take ringtons out?
    The stack will mute all device system speaker sounds when active leading me to the conclusion that you either have BT connection with A2DP device/headphones/gps or something that is not disabling the stack.
  5.    #5  
    no i havnt paired this with any devices since i bought it yet... i have the razor ware glasses but i dont use them right now... in fact i havnt even turned the BT on yet i just installed the update so i had it if i needed it.
    hmm very odd.If the stack is not active You sould not loose any system sounds making A2DP not the culprit...Juggalo your missing something in a 3rd party app that making this accure.Are you using PA?
  7.    #7  
    no i aint using PA i stayed away cuz of the problems people were having. and it cant be because i have all my apps installed again the only difference is i didn't install the A2DP, what i did is installed stuff one by one making backups. that way i could roll back if it screwed up. and both times i installed it with in 30 min nothing was working i call ppl they cant hear me.... they call me it dont even ring.
    hmm so the stack is active yet not showing.The stack upgrade is very dependable yet somthing is mixed up in your reg calling it active/undercover.
    If the A2DP feature is much needed on your device do the hardreset thing then load stack first and review the result.Im sure evrything will be in working order then add your 3rd party apps one by one to see whats causing conflict within the stack.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    hmm so the stack is active yet not showing.The stack upgrade is very dependable yet somthing is mixed up in your reg calling it active/undercover.
    If the A2DP feature is much needed on your device do the hardreset thing then load stack first and review the result.Im sure evrything will be in working order then add your 3rd party apps one by one to see whats causing conflict within the stack.
    thats a good idea, ill do that for sure as soon as i have an absolute need for the A2DP feature right now im still wary cuz yesterday i had a very disgruntled girlfriend and this morning too because of missed calls, and i was also late for work because i woke up late because i use my pda as an alarm.
    I would have to think something is wrong with your device. I don't remember reading threads about issues with A2DP stopping their notifications. I use A2DP and haven't missed any type of notification at all.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    I would have to think something is wrong with your device. I don't remember reading threads about issues with A2DP stopping their notifications. I use A2DP and haven't missed any type of notification at all.
    no the device is fine im sure of it. its a software issue or a conflict of some sort. sling box i think has the best possible answer for my situation. and im 100% sure the A2DP is what caused my issues cuz ive been receiving notification all day since i trouble shooted the issue and did a hard boot and installed everything except for the A2DP i also noticed my WMplayer does not stutter any more after i decided to leave the A2DP off my Treo
    I had the same problem.

After installing the new stack, I was missing phone calls left and right and text messages wouldnt show up. Notifications wouldnt show up for voicemails, either.
  13.    #13  
    yep it sux my gf was tearin me a new one this morning, what programs do you got installed. i got the Threaded messenger, Sktools, Resco Explorer with the today and registry plug in, and sprite backup.
  14.    #14  
    just an update im on day 2 and my alerts and ringers are still working my WMplayer is not stuttering still and people can hear me when i pick up the phone or call them.... still have left A2DP off got my friend to give me a test call it ran so im happy.... i still dont know WTF is the conflict but im going to need the BT update soon cuz my razor ware glasses r very convenient to use
    I had noticed the same problems with my phone popping up, although mine were limited to alarms and notifications (I never had problems, that I recall, with my missing calls). My notifications (i.e. attached to calendar entries) would wake my phone (i.e. lights would turn on), but they stopped producing sound or causing the phone to vibrate. At the same time, my alarms would begin rining and refuse to stop.

I had thought it was a problem with my Notification Queue, so I installed Memmaid and resorted to manually halting my alarms. The problem has continued for over two weeks before I finally cut the cord last night and hard reset.

I had never made the connection before, but these problems did begin shortly after I installed the new Bluetooth Stack...

Edit: I'm using a first-generation Treo 700w from Verizon
    Last edited by swigger101; 04/10/2007 at 07:50 PM.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by swigger101 View Post
    I had noticed the same problems with my phone popping up, although mine were limited to alarms and notifications (I never had problems, that I recall, with my missing calls). My notifications (i.e. attached to calendar entries) would wake my phone (i.e. lights would turn on), but they stopped producing sound or causing the phone to vibrate. At the same time, my alarms would begin rining and refuse to stop.

I had thought it was a problem with my Notification Queue, so I installed Memmaid and resorted to manually halting my alarms. The problem has continued for over two weeks before I finally cut the cord last night and hard reset.

I had never made the connection before, but these problems did begin shortly after I installed the new Bluetooth Stack...
    the problems u experienced were to a tee the same as mine and then the phone alerts went the same way lights came on but nobody was home.
    for those of you who are having problems. please post the version of treo and carrier you are on.

please don't tell me you are using the verizon 700wx.
    For those who are experiencing the problem and are willing to perform a hard reset, install the A2DP BT app immediately after the hard reset. Then perform some tests. If you have issues, then you can say it's definitelye the BT stack.

As I mentioned above, I'm using A2DP and haven't experienced any of the problems you guys are experiencing.
    This happened on my Sprint 700WX.

I got a replacement WX, amd didnt install the new stack on this one, for fear of the problems that it bring.
  20.    #20  
    700WX telus canada if i didnt already mention.