Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I'm totally perplexed. I have the Treo 700wx and just got the Sprint Power Vision Navigation data plan. However I can't find any way on the phone to use the navigation. The Sprint web site says to open my web browser on the phone, search for "nav" and download the application. This makes no sense to me at all? What am I supposed to search? Where? I'm confused. Can anybody help?
  2. #2  
    According to sprint.com (and the customer service person I spoke to), Navigation is currently not available on the wx (The website says it is not available on the Treo full stop).

    http://navigation.sprint.com/devices.html
  3. #3  
    I don't have telenav or the sprint equivalent, but you could try this link directly from the telenav site:

    http://www.telenav.com/files/download/treo700wx.html
  4. #4  
    You need a bluetooth GPS (or a GPS for the SD card slot) to get any type of GPS navigation software to work.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the help. I appreciate it. I believe the person I spoke with at Sprint is clueless about their services. Thanks again all!
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
    You need a bluetooth GPS (or a GPS for the SD card slot) to get any type of GPS navigation software to work.
    Not true anymore (at long last!). This is based upon the cell phone locator services. No on-board GPS is required.

    A Telenav account is required, though, which may or may not be the same as the Sprint navigation account - for all I know Sprint has customized Telenav for their use. The Telenav accounts start at $9.99 a month.

    SPRINT 700WX is listed as a supported device, and I have verified that you can indeed download the software from Telenav for the Treo 700Wx.

    I cannot speak for how well it works and I suspect it will not feed GPS coordinates to any other appliaction, but it looks pretty cool and is probably cheaper than most dedicated GPS units.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Not true anymore (at long last!). This is based upon the cell phone locator services. No on-board GPS is required.

    A Telenav account is required, though, which may or may not be the same as the Sprint navigation account - for all I know Sprint has customized Telenav for their use. The Telenav accounts start at $9.99 a month.

    SPRINT 700WX is listed as a supported device, and I have verified that you can indeed download the software from Telenav for the Treo 700Wx.

    I cannot speak for how well it works and I suspect it will not feed GPS coordinates to any other appliaction, but it looks pretty cool and is probably cheaper than most dedicated GPS units.

    Well, according to Telenav, you have to purchase an external Bluetooth GPS receiver for the 700wx to work....

    Palm Treo 700wx requires an external Bluetooth GPS Receiver to run TeleNav.

    TeleNav Bluetooth GPS Receiver (Model BT-359. Required)
    TeleNav Bluetooth GPS Receiver (Model BT-359. Required)
    $ 99.99 Add to cart
    GPS Receiver is a small, matchbox-sized receiver that sits securely on your car's dashboard and communicates wirelessly through Bluetooth to your mobile device. To learn more, click here.
  8. #8  
    Yeah telenav is just a streaming map service.

    Kind've like smart2go
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jerdog76 View Post
    Well, according to Telenav, you have to purchase an external Bluetooth GPS receiver for the 700wx to work....
    Well, what do you know? I missed that. I thought they were doing some MUCH more clever.

Posting Permissions