1.    #1  
    Hi, Ive been searching for an hour and cannot find the answer so I turn to you Treo Yodas for help. I have a 700 wx on Sprint. After setting up my work exchange account, it dissapeared from being able to access or modify the settings. When I go to options in messaging, my gmail account and text message account are there to modify but my Outlook email account does not show up. My messages are still there and I can access the account but its not there to modify settings. I let this go before, but now I was forced to change my password for my work and the email account wont sync. I need to change the password. HELP!! Anything is much appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by gobuckeyes; 04/03/2007 at 02:31 PM.
    You change the server settings in the ActiveSync app, not Outlook.
  3.    #3  
    Ok, Im a dummy. I got that part figured out but the problem is that the password keeps coming up default as some 20 character password. When I try to change it and save it, when I go back in its there again as some long thing when I had changed it to a 7 character password. Any thoughts?
    "the problem is that the password keeps coming up default as some 20 character password."

that's not a problem. that's the way it works. it's just a way of encrypting the password. it displays as longer than it really is.
  5.    #5  
    thanks for the help. It still wont work. I even deleted the account and started over. Giving me an error and wont sync. Dont know what to do. Support code 0x85010001??
    Have you ever had this working? if not, the problem may very well be certificates.
  7.    #7  
    Yes. Its been working for a couple months. My company forces me to change my password every 3 months. I changed it this morning and it immediatly stopped working.....
    Quote Originally Posted by gobuckeyes View Post
    Yes. Its been working for a couple months. My company forces me to change my password every 3 months. I changed it this morning and it immediatly stopped working.....
    Well, that does sound like a password problem.

First step is to ensure you have the right password - so try logging on through Outlook Web Access. If that works you know you are using the right password.

After that, try entering your password one more time and see if it works.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Well, that does sound like a password problem.

First step is to ensure you have the right password - so try logging on through Outlook Web Access. If that works you know you are using the right password.

After that, try entering your password one more time and see if it works.
    Ive done both numerous times and it continues to not work. No idea what the heck the problem is.......
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Is there anyway your admin can change the password?
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
  11.    #11  
    I have no idea why but trying for a 50th time worked. Could of been a glitch with my work server. Thanks so much for everyones input and willingness to help. Best.