1.    #1  
    I have my g.mail setup to connect every 45 minutes. problem is it doesn't disconnect after the send and receive. then my battery drains because I don't lanow it's connected. anyone know how to fix this?

JC
    I've had a different problem with setting up an automatic connection to Gmail too.

If you change the default connect of 20 minutes to 15 minutes and uncheck it (the automatic connection), then turn it back on and then turn it back off then Outlook with continue to check every 15 minutes even though you'd turned off the automatic connection

It's really weird. I was out of town twice (hence I turned it off twice) and when I came back the second time i noticed that it had been checking the whole time.

The only way to stop it was to delete the mail accounts and start again. I'm actually in application design so I tried to test it out and find the exact variables that caused it but so far I haven't been able to nail it down

Luckily It's a business phone so I didn't have to pay for the MB's while I was away.